Monday, May 21, 2007

Misinformation etc...

Etc...

Binay uses his old political strategy to ensure daughters win.

I have experienced this myself. he went to my grandmothers wake a few years back and just recently, someone i know, mother, also passed away. he knows them and he visits them in wakes. according to binay, everyday is a campaign day for him unlike others which, only campaigns in election days.

"I always visit the wake of any of my constituents who died and I considered everyday as a campaign period. That is why I do not do house to house campaign, because I am doing it already everyday. Unlike my political rivals, they only campaign during elections," he said.

"I did house to house because of the clamor of the people and because of my daughter. Our opponents made Rizal as their launching pad… I got afraid of that because some of our leaders started to turn to the other candidates. But when I started campaigning and talked, they returned to us," Binay said.

Abigail won by 70,904 votes against the 41,191 of Erwin Genuino, a son of Philippine Amusement and Gaming Corp. chairman Efraim Genuino.



ABS-CBN news




Misinformation...

Sen. Joker Arroyo slammed AC Nielsen Sunday for repeatedly coming out with "libelous" figures on the money spent on political advertisements.

Arroyo, who is dubbed a Scrooge for being tightfisted on the expenditures of his office, challenged AC Nielsen to either provide documents to back up its report that he spent P170 million on television and radio ads for the May 14 polls, or apologize.

"This is a simple case. All that Nielsen has to do is to produce receipts worth P170M for TV and radio advertisements that it claims I had spent," Sen. Joker Arroyo said

More on that in ABS-CBN news

0 comments: