Monday, November 17, 2008

Breaking News: Manny Villar resigns as Senate President

Breaking News: Manny Villar resigns as Senate President

Juan Ponce Enrile is the new Senate President.

Ex-Senate President, Manny Villar's statements:

"My dear colleagues in this august chamber, the tenure of the Senate President - as everyone knows - depends on the number of members that supports him or her. I was informed this afternoon I no longer have the support of majority of my colleagues. I therefore tender my
resignation and congratulate the new senate President, honorable Juan Ponce Enrile,"

"You have my support in seeing to it this chamber continue maintain its unquestionable independence and solid reputation,

"I shall now have more time to be with the people in the countryside and with my family,"
Another agenda that I am thinking of on why he resigned is that he might have plans on running as a president in the next presidential elections.. or does he have already?

According to GMA news website,

MANILA, Philippines – Nanguna muli si Vice President Noli de Castro sa pinakahuling survey ng Pulse Asia na nakakuha ng 18% sa tinaguriang “First Choice Presidential Preference" na kinalap mula Oktubre 14-27, 2008.

Natuklasan din sa naturang survey na umangat ng limang porsiyento ang “preference ratings" ni Senate President Manny Villar na nakapagtala ng 17% kumpara sa dating 12% sa kaparehong titulo ng survey na ginanap noong July 1-14.

Translation (not word per word):
Vice President Noli De Castro is still the Presidential preference of the Filipino people according to the Pulse Asia survey.

Also, Ex-Senate president Manny Villar's preference is at 17%, 5% more compared to Ex-Philippine President, Joseph Ejercito Estrada.
I wonder if Arroyo has something to do with this. Is this part of the Fertilizer fund scam? Is she hiding something? Something like an information that could expose her that's why he placed a Pro-Arroyo (JPE) as the new Senate President?

More updates about this in awhile!


=================
pacquiao de la hoya december 2008 fight

0 comments: