Friday, December 5, 2008

Watch out for vampire employees getting government bonuses!

Well, ghosts are now ghetto. Vampires are the new ghosts because of the Twilight phenomenon that just hit the world.

http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/8928/t1ye2.jpg
The Cullen Family - Twilight

Why am I saying this? It's because government employees will be getting 10,000 pesos bonus this Christmas and guess what... it isn't far from reality that some of them might be fictitious persons (that is why they were called ghost employees -- teh now vampire employees as I call them.)

If this happens in our elections, it is not far from reality that it might happen again in the season of giving. I *hope* they don't do such. I don't know why I just don't trust the Philippine government.

Budget secretary Andaya (in english, this means "unfair"? am I right?) said that "A few might say that the 10,0000 is too little, but to them let me give this bottomline so they can see the big picture: This cash gift will cost our employees, for NG (national government) workers alone, about P11 billion."

A few days back, I was handed a survey about our government. I saw the results and guess what? Plenty believed that the Philippines has a slim chance of improving AND corruption in the Philippines is like AIDS or HIV. It cannot be cured anymore.

tsktsktsk.. Poor Philippines.. such a beautiful place handled by selfish leaders.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

every time i read stuff like this, i get the urge to pack up and work abroad.

But knowing that there are bloggers like YOU, who try to make a difference in other people's lives, make me think & believe there is still hope in this country :)

Keep on writing!!!!

Cheftonio said...

Thanks!

Spread the 3rd world love!!!

http://www.3rdworldlove.com/

:)