Sunday, February 15, 2009

Car Entertainment Wthout Cost!

If you've been to a carshow with those pimped-up cars, I bet you would at least like cars. But if you love cars, I bet you have changed something in your car to make it look a bit unique and better, at least.

In-car entertainment costs a lot. A decent but affordable sound setup with quality will cost you around 5-6thousand for the subs and another 3-4 thousand for the speakers. What more if you like those with TV monitors and a playstation 3 inside your car? Maybe, in-car entertainment could be a lot more cheaper than you thought!

Have you heard one of those combination beeps using car horn before? Like "tot-tororot tot, tot-tot!" That is just one of the many combinations that we use to signal our maids to open the gate!

I don't know if you've tried it but over the past week, I tried it and the response was uncanny!!! 4 out of 5 people replied to my combination! Don't get it? Here is what I meant, try this -- press your horn using the combination above but don't finish the last two notes. Just do the "tot-tororot tot" (to make sense, you need to have the right beat, of course.)

I just smile to myself and think, people still has a sense of humor even though there are tons of problems!

Another game I play that will contribute to the community is this -- I need to let at least 15 people overtake me or do anything good to fellow motorist like stop tailgating them.

I admit I have a bad habit when it comes to driving.

As much as I love cars, here are some bad habit I am aware but still choose not to turn over a new leaf anyway:
1. I like blowing horns! Wait, I LOVE blowing horns!
This is also the reason why I invested on 2 pairs of horns in my sedan. It's ok to give your negative reactions but no amount of reaction can make me change my horns. Driving my car is a sheer pleasure (is this a line from a european car company? hehe) but driving my car + blowing horns is even better! Don't worry, I don't blow horns for nothing but when people push me to push it, I can hold that for more than a minute baby. (This is where my baseball bat comes in handy, in case there would be trouble :) )

Warning: Don't use horns as much as possible on private motorists. (experience, experience, experience! haha!) I use them for those unruly busses on EDSA and / or taxi and jeeps whom stops in the middle of the road to get passengers. If they stop in the right place, I don't mind. If you stop in the middle of the road, then, you asked for it!

2. I do not want people to overtake me
I don't know but I've read it somewhere that guys don't want to be overtaken by other people, especially guys. Is this just ego or what? I am so fond of tailgating I don't know if you can overtake me, especially when I am not in a good mood. I can follow a car bumper to bumper at around 60-80 kph. Ask my friends. This is not boasting. I know that is bad so don't reprimand me.

3. ...but I overtake people whenever I want to...
That's why the world is not fair. This is another of my bad habit. Of course, I look at my side mirror first so that I would not kiss another car! I once encountered a civic that I overtook and got mad and chased me. We played cat and mouse but the mouse got away.

Lesson: If you don't know the area you are in, just be a good boy.

So there, I was just inspired writing because of the horn-combination thing.

I want you to try it and I am sure that you would hear someone respond, be it motorcycle or an automobile! :)




I would love to have that but, it's waaay to annoying. FYI, my horn is not that loud.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

i used to LOVE blowing my horns at estufid drivers and bad taxi/bus/jeepney drivers, pero nung nalaman ko na pwede ako mahuli hehe i stopped! (although the i-am-lost-crying-girl act always lets me get away with most of my traffic violations)