Tuesday, March 31, 2009

6 must-haves accessories for your DSLR when Travelling

I am no expert in photography nor am I claiming to be one. Being a newbie on photography, I've researched among my friends offline and online on what would probably be the best travel accessories.

My family loves to travel and of course, in this era of DSLRs, it's a must have! My younger brother got one 2 years back while my first one was just purchased a month ago and I am still struggling to get "acceptable" photos. My brother bought the Canon 400d while I got a Nikon D90.

I know most of you would probably say that I should have gotten a Canon rather than a Nikon so we could share lenses but, I decided to go for the Nikon anyway.

Back on topic, when travelling, these are the following must-haves:
http://www.jojoctech.com/images/Nikon%20D90%20Battery.jpg
1. Extra battery - Obvious reasons, I guess. (I bought mine in Pixel Pro)


http://www.mobilewhack.com/20061120152641.jpg
2. Extra memory card - Unless you have a portable hard drive where you can dump your photos (like this gadget given to me 2 years ago.) It would be much better to have extra memory cards.

http://dreamakerz.org/graphics/photography/sb600_flash.gif
3. External Flash - Although this requires lighting skills, it's still included in the must-haves for night / low-light photography.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgHfijTAjhJ36atzORPk1Ttwv6AnrguHl_r65n1h3rJ6X0d0y8Q6fzzkKB-oWhVh-hNgBhq76aqeg772jNMnIMp7RbGgD9qp2XJxuwyr6HhlwI2dFvQF1DXp-s1UblCgC5x2hJOPzwbeCE/s320/411VQPSHDBL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
4. All around lens - There are a lot of all-around lenses but the best one I know of is the 24-70 f2.8 (Kit lens like 18-105 are also "ok". For my last trip, I used 50mm f1.8 prime lens and it was very challenging!) I like the 50mm because it is lightweight but, photos will be very hard to take using that lens.
http://www.nikonusa.com/Assets/Photography-Accessories/Lens-Hoods/4922-HB-40-Bayonet-Lens-Hood/Views/4922_HB_40_Bayonet_Lens_Hood_front.jpg
5. Lens hood - For instance, the kit lens of the Nikon D90 comes with a lens hood. Bring that for outdoor shooting!

6. Tripod/ Gorillapod - The latter would be easier to carry than the Tripod but, the use is pretty much the same. It now depends on what you would like to shoot. Also, I do not recommend buying the gorillapod in CDR-king because it is pretty useless.

I know it is very tempting to buy that because it costs only 380 pesos but, the quality and build would be compromised. The original Gorillapod for DSLRs costs around 2,500 pesos.

http://www.tantronics.co.uk/acatalog/joby_gorillapod_slr_technical_380x273.jpg


For more information on the prices of these gadgets, call Pixel Pro at 7269387 or 5845356

They have just about anything and everything you need for your photography gears.

pixel pro phone number contact email



2 comments:

ven said...

alvin,,, walang website yung pixel pro? interested to check out their wares.

Anonymous said...

www.pixelpro-online.com :)