Monday, June 1, 2009

Tech: Wacom Launches Intuos 4 tablet

Tokyo, Japan - Wacom unveils the long anticipated Intuos 4, a revolutionary new professional pen tablet that delivers new features and unparalleled performance to... blah!

I won't go into the PR stuff released! This is a blog and I am going to write what I want to write - My own review and experience with the new Wacom Intuos 4!!!


I am not a tablet user. Although I've been wanting to buy one ever since, the monetary side of me won't allow me. First of all, these gadgets are not cheap. The Wacom Bamboo ( low end, I think ) costs around 6,000 pesos already. This new baby here, the Wacom Intuos 4 costs around 12,000 pesos (smallest).

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/1023/55576652.jpg
Wacom Intuos 4 reads "professional". As we all know, Wacom is the market leader for tablets like these. They only make tablets unlike other competitors which has a wide array of products. This means that the full attention of the R&D would be more focused in developing their only product.

Back to the Intuos 4, using it is as natural as it can be. It's just like using a pen and paper. The touch ring and the radial menu has a lot of functions that it can actually replace your keyboard! It's sensitivity is amazing! A Wacom tablet was used for producing the first ever animation made in the Philippines - Dayo!

Click the ff for:
http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/8355/66953179.jpg
Here are the benefits of using a Wacom Intuos 4:
To make it easier for buyers to specify what they want, they named the 4 sizes (and their prices):

Intuos4 Small (PTK-440): 12,650 Peso
Intuos4 Medium (PTK-640): 19,350 Peso
Intuos4 Large (PTK-840): 26,050 Peso
Intuos4 X-Large (PTK-1240): 42,050 Peso
(all prices include Tax)
http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/2179/wacomintuos4.jpg
Don't let the prices scare you away. You are buying an investment, not a gadget that's only a fad!

Below are some videos that will show you what the Wacom Intuos 4 can do.
Drawing Optimus Prime using MS Paint and Wacom Intuos 4.


IronMan Sketch using Wacom Intuos 4


Where to buy? Store Locator

2 comments:

Anonymoose said...

I've been wanting to buy one of these since I first found out. But due to the MASSIVE amount of money required (I'm aiming for the Intous4 Large, Medium if desperate), I am planning on saving every peso I can get my hands on. I plan to buy this as a gift to myself on December.

Worth it? Hell yeah! As long as you can afford it, it's money well spent. That is, if the person can fully maximize the potential in it.

Anonymous said...

cintiq 12wx or intuos 4(medium)??
which is better?