Saturday, January 21, 2012

Sumosam Gilmore - Greenhills Town Center

Sumosam's Bento Box
It's not an unfamiliar restaurant. I've been in their other branches many times and I'm sure a lot have heard of it already. Sumosam is a Japanese restaurant owned by Marvin Agustin, Ricardo Laudico and Raymund Magdaluyo. It has been around for quite a number of years now. In fact, they already have 10 branches around the Philippines. Their newest branch is located in Greenhills Town Center, right along Granada st and a couple of blocks away from the famous Gilmore computer center.



Dojo-like feeling
This is the first franchised branch here in Metro Manila and the first branch outside the mall. Most of their branches are located inside malls and surprisingly, this Sumosam branch has become a top performer even though it was just opened last November 2011. Similar to other branches, Sumosam serves a wide variety of Japanese dishes in generous serving sizes. You can feel a hint of Japanese touch inside but unlike the row of restaurants in Little Tokyo, this has a more modern and simplistic design.

What's unique to this branch that is not offered in other branches for the meantime is their Bento Boxes. True to their word, the bento box boasts generous American portioning, meaning, it's a lot! Hey, I eat out in buffets and other eat-all-you-can type restaurants and this one, I wasn't able to finish! I might need to build up my appetite to finish it the next time I order this.

Here are the choices for the bento boxes:

The one I tried was Samurai's Choice. At Php 488 The bento box menu above specified that the Samurai's choice is 599. Actual price is only 488 :) ), I would think that it can feed 2! Here's my actual photo of the bento box served to me,

Samurai's Choice Bento Box -- So big my camera can't capture the entire thing! 
Rice! :)
My bad. I left my other lens and the attached lens was the 50mm meaning, this is a fixed non-zoom lens and everything is near because you can't zoom out. Back to the bento box, I was only able to eat half of each dish inside the bento box and was able to only finish the rice. Samurai's choice has chicken teriyaki, beef misono (US beef knuckle), dory tepan, tuna and salmon sashimi, kani stick, bean sprout, yasai itame, gohan(rice) and dilis.

Everything was great except for the sticky-sweet fish in the middle. So sticky that they were stuck together -- crunchy though. No complaints with the sashimi and the beef. The vegetables were just okay. The chicken and the fish was tender enough to complement the crunchy dilis. We were also served Iced tea that day. They serve the usual red iced tea and after a few refills, I had to drink water because it was too sweet for me. Great for sweet tooths out there!

Speaking of sweet tooth, if you've got one, they have also something to offer to you. Here's the dessert they served that day. Not sure if they have this on the Menu. They have a variety of desserts including frozen Tiramisu, Mango Jubilee, Cheesecakes, Fresh fruits and more! (Just check out the menu below)
Cupcakes!
We also have a few special guests other than the franchisee of this branch namely,
Mr. Sumosam 
Mr. Marvin Agustin (Sumosam President)
So if you're in the area, drop by Sumosam Gilmore and try their bento boxes! It will surely fill you up! If you live near the area, they do deliver too!

Sumosam Gilmore menu
Sorry for the blurry photo. Waiting for the clear copy.
Sumosam Gilmore
Greenhills Town Center
#2 Granada St., Brgy Valencia Quezon City
904-8427/ 09175400712

Cheftonio
PS. Liked the post? Subscribe to my blog by typing in your email below. You'll get my posts in your inbox via email.
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner



-->

2 comments:

Jo Tan said...

The bento box is definitely good for sharing! :)

Lily said...

Really love the bento box. Wanna eat here sometimes with my friends.