Friday, April 13, 2012

3 Countries I want to visit again soon


It's summer time again and we are literally feeling the heat! Holyweek just passed but that doesn't stop the kids and young at heart to bond together and discover other cultures. I encourage everyone to travel because text book knowledge is different from the actual experience itself. Not only will you enjoy, but you'll also learn and keep memories that will last a lifetime.

I've been to a bunch of Asian countries. There's something about the Asian culture that makes me feel at home whether it be Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan or Korea. But, that doesn't stop me from visiting farther countries. Topping the list, Australia.



Country #1 -Singapore
The first time I went out of the country, I went to Singapore. It left such amazing memories that I feel at home whenever I am there. No matter how many times I visit that country, it has always something different to offer. The first time I went there, I got lost in Jurong Bird Park. I was wondering around not noticing that I am veering away from the path of our tour group and accidentaly, I followed another tour group. My first instinct was to go back to where I last remember seeing my parents.

I LOVE theme parks. Sad because the last time I went to Singapore, I wasn't able to visit Universal Studios Singapore because of time constraints. This is my main reason why I want to visit Singapore again. Of course, a more valid reason is to watch Lion King musical or Wicked musical (If there's a scheduled performance).

If you are on a budget, I highly recommend that you fly with Jetstar.

Rainy Hong Kong Night

Country #2 -Hong Kong
Now, this country is like my second home. I can go to Hong Kong without booking anything (except for my international flight). Thanks to friends and relatives residing there. Last resort? I can go there and look for a hotel, on the spot! I'm familiar with Hong Kong streets that are famous like Mongkok, Causeway Bay, Nathan Road and Tsim Sha Tsui. Most of the time, I either go there for trade fairs or just for the food. I also love how fast the internet is here! My friend knows how to subscribe to their unlimited internet and for only Php 700 pesos, we were able to use the internet for 5 days, unlimited! This is even cheaper than the Globe Data Roaming bridge unlimited.

Disney Hollywood Hotel Hong Kong

Other than the fast internet speeds, I want to go back here to stay at the Disneyland Hotel! I stayed there once (Disney Hollywood Hotel) and it was great! Mickey Mouse themed everything. Not that I am a fan of Mickey Mouse but, I love the ambiance around that place. I went there before with my parents and siblings. It's one experience I recommend when you have kids. Definitely a trip they'll remember. The park itself is okay but the experience in sleeping in a Disney-themed hotel is awesome! Also, this is one of the cheapest Disney-themed hotel in the world, comparing it to Paris and the US. Maybe in 2014, Shanghai, China can compete with the competitive Hong Kong Disney hotel prices.

Barron Falls, Queensland Australia

Country #3 -Australia
My latest Australia trip was a trip me and my friends will surely not forget. Other than being immersed deeply into their culture, we also tried stuff that a normal tour group won't experience like driving in Australia. We also followed a strict schedule that is as flexible as we want and we almost missed some flights along the way and flew to different countries before and after the trip. A trip that we won't be able to do when we get older as it required us to run, walk faster, drive faster (I almost hit a cop car), and eat faster! Amazing race, as we call it.

The next time I will visit Australia, I'll rent a car again and I'd want to visit Uluru rock in Darwin, go back to the Great Barrier Reef and do a night dive (I was feeling sick last time so I wasn't able to do a night dive) and maybe do an Australian outback cross country tour in a 4x4! I'm sure all my friends who went with me to Australia the last time is all game for this!

If international airfares weren't that costly, I'd travel once a month! If you can find a good Qantas flight deal, go for it! I flew with AirAsia the last time and you wouldn't believe how cheap the airfare I got. Also, every February, there's a travel fair in the Philippines held in SM Mall of Asia. If you want to book cheap tours flights, block off your dates. It usually happens 3rd week of February (Fri, Sat and Sun). If I remember correctly, the last travel fair has discounted United Airlines airfare. From 900 usd to 600 usd. For guided tours like Trafagar and Cosmos, you'll even get as much as 10% discount! For local tours, they usually hold a separate event for it.

So, go travel and expand your knowledge! I have an upcoming trip this year that I am very excited about. I will also blog about it. Watch out for it! :)


Cheftonio
PS. Liked the post? Subscribe to my blog by typing in your email below. You'll get my posts in your inbox via email.
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner



-->

2 comments:

Henry said...

Singapore, Hongkong and Australia are 3 of my favorite countries too. Sana makapunta din ako in the near future.

Leone said...

Sakin naman Italy, South Korea and Japan. Sama mo naman ako sa susunod mong bakasyon.. haha