Sunday, January 20, 2013

LTE: Now More Affordable in the Philippines


Third quarter last year, Smart was first to launch the fastest mobile connection ever, the LTE. Smart is also the first to support it in multi-band. Now, they are first in launching the lowest plans for LTE ever -- Plan 1299 and another reason to get it is that Smart has the widest coverage so far! Currently, it has 600 hotspots in 10 cities and over 500 establishments in the Metro! Better offer from the better network!
Check out the current coverage here: Smart LTE Coverage Map

You can either get the plan with a free phone or a free dongle. Choose from:

LTE Dongle/ Wifi Plans
All plans below come with: 42 MBPS connection speed, Expanded coverage in key cities around the Metro, Also compatible with 2G/3G/HSPA/HSPA+ networks with a 24-months lock in period.

Plan 1299
Free: 5GB of data and a LTE Dongle. (You can add a one time payment of 2,000 and your free dongle will be upgraded to a pocket wifi.)
Plan 1749
Free: 10GB of data and a LTE Dongle. (You can add a one time payment of 2,000 and your free dongle will be upgraded to a LTE pocket wifi.)
Plan 3500
Free: 21GB of data and a LTE pocket WiFi.

Img from GSM Arena

LTE Phone Plans
Plan 1500
SMS (all-net): 120 Mins (all-net): 60 Data (GB): 1.5 FREE
Free: ZTE T82 or *Sony Xperia V (LTE)
Plan 2000
SMS (all-net):200 Mins (all-net):150 Data (GB): 2.5 FREE
Free: Sony Xperia V (LTE)


I suggest that if you want to get a LTE phone @ Plan 1500, get the Sony Xperia V because it will only be free until January 30, 2013! After that, there is a 6,500 cash out already. (Click here for Sony Xperia V Specs)
Source: Smart LTE Plans

Having a fast and reliable internet is important for bloggers like me and more crucial to those who use it for work. Have you ever tried to go online with a full signal bar and you can't even receive 1 byte of data? There was one time I left my Smart Mobile WiFi and I had to borrow one. That one time was crucial because I was going to use it for work and it was time sensitive. I only needed to send out one email, all text, not more than a paragraph.

Here's what I got:

I had to find a restaurant with free WiFi or drive out and try to search for a real signal that is not for display only. Kind of defeats the purpose of it and you have no freedom to use it whenever and wherever.

Well, this is a better approach. At least they're honest. Hindi paasa.
That's just my rant and it's very important for me to have internet access whenever and wherever I need it. Disclaimer, I'm not on a Smart LTE plan. Just their regular 3G and my average speed is not bad at all! Fast and consistent if I may describe it.


I searched Twitter for a Smart LTE speedtest and here's one:
This is a true testimony to what Smart is offering. Imagine if your internet is this fast. Downloading huge files will be a breeze, attending online classes or webinars would be smooth and lag-free and in terms of online gaming (well, this is counter-productive) consistency and speed of your internet is half the battle.

On a #Betternetwork with that speed, what can you do with #SmartLTE to #Livemore?
Interested? More details: Smart LTE Plans



Cheftonio
PS. Liked the post? Subscribe to my blog by typing in your email below. You'll get my posts in your inbox via email.
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner


-->

0 comments: