Sunday, March 17, 2013

Jobless or Job Mismatch? Here are some Job Openings Available

I was reading the news earlier and saw a headline saying that Philippine jobless rate is up again.

The Philippines' statistics office on Friday said unemployment rate rose to 7.1 percent in January from 6.8 percent in October last year. (source)


World: economic growth
We are one of the fastest growing economy in Asia at 6.6% last year but we have the highest jobless rate in the region. Here's the thing. I know a friend who owns a manpower agency and HE has a lot of job openings that is currently available. I'm not sure if Filipinos are looking for jobs via the right mediums or maybe they are not looking hard enough? Another reason I can think of is a job mismatch. The jobs that are available doesn't fit the standards of the employee or maybe the employee applying is not qualified for the job.

Paperwork

I've only tried working outside once and I got the job that I wanted so I cannot speak out for the majority but I would think that any job is better than no job at all, right? If for example, you are a college graduate and the only available job is for a fast food crew, you wouldn't probably take that, right? I might be too optimistic but I see an opportunity there. It doesn't mean that you are going to work forever as a service crew. I believe you can prove yourself worthy of a managerial position. What I'm saying is, having a job is better than not having a job at all. This makes sense all the more if the person really needs the money. Consider yourself lucky if you find a job that you like with a pay that you are contented with.

I asked him what the jobs are and here are some of them, (Available job openings)
Management trainee
Accounting supervisor
Accounting staff
Human resource assistant
Telemarketer
Office staff
Promodizer
Hi-speed sewer
Baker
Cashier
Sales associate/ sales assistant
Driver
Rider
Motorized messenger
Roving merchandiser
Service crew
Sales clerk
Warehouseman/ stockman

Of course, not all those jobs available above are applicable to what I just said if you are a college graduate. Management trainee is. HR assistant is. Office staff can also be one. If you know someone looking for a job, they have MORE job openings not listed above.

For those interested, email resumes directly to jobs88.evelina@yahoo.com

Their company is Jobs 88. Forgot to ask what their website is but here's their Facebook page:
http://www.facebook.com/trabaho88

They also have jobs for High school graduates and college undergrads in different cities like Davao, Cebu and mostly in Metro Manila

Images from SXC.HU

Cheftonio
PS. Liked the post? Subscribe to my blog by typing in your email below. You'll get my posts in your inbox via email.
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner


-->

0 comments: