Tuesday, January 13, 2009

ZTE MF626 Problem, Review and Solution - Globe Visibility Broadband Modem

Continuation of yesterdays post from another blogger -- ( Globe Visibility ZTE mf626 USB broadband modem Problem )

I've got results!!! Although I found a work around, I've got a lot to research about. For the mean time, I will stick to what I discovered and guess what, I will share it to you guys!

Here is the review of my problem with ZTE MF626 broadband modem.

> When I plug the ZTE mf626 to my laptop computer, it will work. The problem begins when you cannot find the "Safely Remove Hardware" on your task bar.

Here are some experimentations I did last night.

1. I inserted a memory card in the card reader so that the "safely remove hardware" would appear. To no avail, it appears but still, the said "ZTE MF626 is not on the "safely remove hardware" list.

=============

2. I've browsed the different USB properties and found out the following differences:

A properly working USB would have the following... [You can find this in the: right click "my computer" > properties > Hardware > device manager > universal serial bus controllers > (select the usb gadget you connected) > right click then properties > then details > then select from the drop down list ]

Devnode Flags:

DN_DRIVER_LOADED
DN_STARTED
DN_DISABLEABLE
DN_REMOVABLE
DN_NT_ENUMERATOR
DN_NT_DRIVER

Power State should be at "D0"

Capabilities should list:

CM_DEVCAP_REMOVABLE
CM_DEVCAP_UNIQUEID

=============

A USB that is not functioning properly would have:

Devnode Flags:

DN_HAS_PROBLEM
DN_DISABLEABLE
DN_REMOVABLE
DN_NT_ENUMERATOR
DN_NT_DRIVER

Power State should be at "D3"


I do not know what the hell those information means so, I need to still research on that.
=============

FOR THE WORK AROUND:

I discovered that plugging in a USB Flash drive (Flash disk) first before plugging in your ZTE modem would let the "safely remove hardware" let the zte mf626 appear in the list.

If you would do that, you can disconnect and connect your zte mf626 as many times as you want without restarting your computer. logging off or switching users won't help too if you don't insert an USB flash disk first. I haven't tried any other USB gadgets yet but this is the only gadget I can think of that almost everyone owns.
=============
http://blogs.sun.com/dannycoward/resource/questions.gif
Here are some questions in my mind right now:

1. What the heck is "windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware because a previous instance of the device driver is still in memory. (code 38)" and...

2. ...how do I erase the instance of the device driver from the memory without restarting my computer
?

3. Why should insterting a USB Flash Disk first before inserting the ZTE MF626 prevent the problem from occuring?

4. I tried insterting a memory card in my built-in card reader and the "safely remove hardware" appears. Isn't just a flash disk and memory card the same? Why won't it work with a memory card then?


Now, if any of you finds out the reason why this works this way, please explain it to me. It will take me hours to research on this thing again. Anyway, I will post again further results from my investigation as soon as I find out other possible solutions.

2 comments:

Hskism said...

I have solved this problem on my toshiba tecra M5 with MF626 from ZTE.

The main thing is the driver problem. So the best thing is to use other drivers.

So try to download the Connection Manager from some other telco company that distributes MF626 too.
The Connection Manager includes drivers too.

I got the driver from the link below.
http://www.zte.com.au/main/Product_Downloads/MF626_downloads.htm

Else http://www.zte.com.au is the main site.

Once you downloaded it, uninstall your old manager and install this new one.
Before doing it, please got to the configuration of your old connection manager to copy down your HSDPA connection settings for your telco.
Once installed, go to configuration of the new connection manager and set the settings. Add the new setting, set it to default.
And you can connection it!

Then go check your device manager now. Yeah! It should be gone!

Cheftonio said...

for those searching for the

- Globe Visibility review
- Globe Tattoo review
and
- Globe Broadband review
- Globe internet service review

please go to:

This blog post

and

This blog post