Monday, March 9, 2009

DIY Drybox for SLR/ DSLR/ Gadgets

Tonight, I am going to make my very own drybox! (or buy it one part at a time!)

If you have your own digital SLR and some lenses, you would think of ways to protect your investment.

Where will you put your gadgets then?

Since I have no budget for those drybox with dehumidifiers, I opted to make my own drybox!

1) I bought a HPL500 locknlock airtight container for 549.75 pesos (roughly 11.31 US dollars)
http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/377/hpl500.jpg
2) I am going to buy Silica Gel later.
http://fesmoving.vn/index_files/silica_gel.jpg
Silica gel can adsorb about 40 percent of its weight in moisture and can take the relative humidity in a closed container down to about 40 percent. Once saturated, you can drive the moisture off and reuse silica gel by heating it above 300 degrees F (150 C).

Voila!!! My own drybox with wheels! :p

parkour

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey!! new info! i didn't know that about silica gels (That you can reuse them). awesome stuff :) now lets try it out...

Anonymous said...

Great post, i didn't even know about having to protect my camera like that. Good to know if i ever buy a more expensive camera.

Anonymous said...

hi! where can i buy silica gel here in manila? i need it to dry flowers. thanks

free mp3 said...

i never thought this will apply to cameras as well. thanks for the info.