Monday, March 9, 2009

Marketing Concepts 101

A professor at IIM was explaining marketing concepts:

1. You see a gorgeous girl at a party. You go up to her and say:
"I am very rich. Marry me!" - That's Direct Marketing

2. You're at a party with a bunch of friends and see a gorgeous girl.
One of your friends goes up to her and pointing at you says:
"He's very rich. Marry him." - That's Advertising.


3. You see a gorgeous girl at a party. You go up to her and get
her telephone number. The next day,you call and say:
"Hi, I'm very rich. Marry me." - That's Telemarketing.
http://picayune.uclick.com/comics/bwv/2008/bwv081023.gif
4. You're at a party and see a gorgeous girl. You get up and
straighten your tie;
you walk up to her and pour her a drink, you open the door (of
the car) for her,
pick up her bag after she drops it, offer her a ride and then say:
"By the way, I'm rich. Will you marry me?" - That's Public Relations

5. You're at a party and see a gorgeous girl. She walks up to you and says:
"You are very rich! Can you marry me?" - That's Brand Recognition. .

6. You see a gorgeous girl at a party. You go up to her and say:
"I am very rich. Marry me!" She gives you a nice hard slap
on your face. - That's Customer Feedback.

7. You see a gorgeous girl at a party. You go up to her and say:
"I am very rich. Marry me!" And she introduces you
to her husband. - That's demand and supply gap.


8. You see a gorgeous girl at a party. You go up to her and before
you say anything, another person comes and tells her:
"I'm rich. Will you marry me?"
And she goes with him - That's competition eating into your market share.

9. You see a gorgeous girl at a party. You go up to her and before you say:
"I'm rich Marry me!' your wife arrives. - That's restriction
for entering new markets..

ha ha ha!!!!....so which one do you think fits you????

1 comments:

ohmski said...

lol. im an advertising person.