Friday, October 22, 2010

City Delivery or Quick Delivery - Food Delivery Service in Manila

A couple of weeks back, I tried ordering via the 2121212 hotline of Quick Delivery. I ordered from Bagoong Club in Tomas Morato, QC. Everything went smooth. The food wasn't hot though when it arrived but I was expecting that so, it was ok. The bagoong rice wasn't also as tasty compared to when served in the actual restaurant.

http://img830.imageshack.us/img830/7653/quickdelivery87878.png

I paid using credit card and delivery was 10%. It was just like the regular service charge when dining in the restaurant.

Earlier, I decided to try City Delivery. It was around 4:30pm and it was too early for dinner. Wanting to blog about both services today, I opted to order some snacks.

http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/6176/citydelivery2121212webs.png



I decided to get 2 boxes "Food for the Gods" worth 190 each. I forgot the 500 peso minimum order rule:
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/2696/citydelivery87878a01.png

After ordering, this popped-out:
 http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/3565/citydelivery87878a02.png

 Thanks for reminding me. I added another order of Food for the Gods. 3 order = 570 pesos

 http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/3489/citydelivery87878a03.png

Finally, I reached the 500-peso minimum order then, I checked-out...

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/290/citydelivery87878a04.png




 My total bill was Php 570.00 then add 10% delivery charge, I now have a grand total of Php 627.00

I received an email confirming my order...

http://img813.imageshack.us/img813/1385/citydelivery87878a08.png

 Just like the other delivery service, they called within a few minutes upon placing my internet order. The first call came confirming my order, address and payment details.They were courteous and sounded happy.

After a few more minutes, they called again saying that the Food for the Gods I ordered was not in stock and they need to pick it up at West Triangle (they must have stocks in their office?). After that, they informed me that I need to add Php 150.00 pesos because it's not within the specified vicinity range.

First of all, they should have included it in the internet order summary. Second, they had the chance to tell me when they called me up the first time. I asked them who's fault is it. She just answered that it's their policy. I said, "Fine, cancel my order".

I understand that they are new and I hope feedback is welcome. These kind of services are very convenient. They just need to straighten up their system. You know what, if I were them, I would have just proceeded with delivering the goods rather than get a bad feedback for just a small amount of 150 pesos. They should learn that it's not just about the money. 

This is the food business. Don't go against a hungry customer. I probably won't order from City Delivery anytime soon. I'll stick to Quick Delivery first.

Quick Delivery - http://www.quickdelivery.ph

[Update]

Since the PR of City Delivery posted her number, I had no choice but to delete the comment to prevent people from spamming their mobile number.

Below is their exact comment/ response, without the mobile number. Posted on November 10, 2010

=== Message start ===
Dear Chef Tonio,
I am Minna Co from City Delivery.

Thank you for blogging about City Delivery, and I apologize for your untoward experience on our web-ordering system. We have already emailed you regarding this matter, but I'd like to now address the concerns you have highlighted in your entry:

(1) As primarily a delivery and logistics supplier, we do not control inventory for our partner establishments. We double check availabilities with our partners for every order, especially with our home-based Foodie partners whose products may be subject to seasonality.

(2) The PHP 150.00 charge is collected to cover inter-city deliveries, which require greater resources on our part. We want to reach as many customers as possible, but we do want to remain profitable for continuance of our business and our partners'.

(3) We are a relatively new company, and we are constantly improving our ordering system, processes, and infrastructure. Rest assured that your comments serve to improve our service for all of our clients.

We would like to offer you PHP 1,500.00 worth of City Delivery gift certificates, so you can experience true City Delivery service, on our dime. Our lines are open anytime at ----.---.----, and we welcome hearing from you.

Thank you,
Minna Co
Communications & PR Consultant
City Delivery Food Solutions, Inc.
=== Message End ===

Cheftonio

5 comments:

Collins said...

I know the owner of Quickdelivery and some of his staff too. They are very accommodating and they have the best system when it comes to Delivery. Great choice!

Unknown said...

This seems to be great site for providing fooddelivery services for people at home. I would surely like to try their service.

Minna Co said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mico said...

I just read your blog today and saw our company, Dulcelin Gourmet, on your post. First of all we are sorry that you weren't able to get what you ordered. Secondly, we have a standing agreement with CityDelivery that only mango tortes and strawberry cakes could be offered from our Tiendesitas and Glorietta outlets. The reason for this is that these are the only items we sell from those outlets, and the complete menu is available only from our Times St. commissary.

The said item, Food for the Gods, is always available in Times St. You can visit our website at www.dulcelin.com for the complete list of our products. Sorry again for the confusion.

Unknown said...

It's very good option for those who are not able to cook food at home.It has been solved the problem of many people.Now it became ease to order food online.