Thursday, October 7, 2010

Tips to Own a Different Cellphone Every Week

I've been buying and selling ever since 2002. I started this hobby of mine when I sold my Nokia 8210 at a nice price and after that, I've been craving for the feeling of buying and selling something. It's fulfilling.

http://www.sxc.hu/pic/m/v/vo/vormin/1155234_old_cell_phone.jpg
Sony Ericsson T68i
Let me tell you what fueled me and the lessons I learned while doing this hobby.

I was just about to graduate high school and I love gadgets but of course, I didn't have the money to buy myself a mobile phone every week or every 2 weeks. What I did was, I bought the phone I like, use it and if I'm tired of it, sell it with a small profit. Imagine the experience of having a new mobile phone every few weeks -- an experience any gadget lover would want and earning by doing what you like.



Not only do you feel fulfilled and earn a little extra but, you also learn real life experiences by doing this. From my first seller meet up to shipping deliveries to patiently waiting for late buyers or sellers. Some of the greatest experiences I gained by doing buy and sell.

http://www.sxc.hu/pic/m/h/hi/hisks/1078873_word_true_on_the_dices.jpg
1. Not everyone is honest - Since we are honest, we thought everyone else around us will also be honest. This is not the case in the real world. Make sure to check their feedbacks. Tip, to check on them, use Google. Search for the name and username of the buyer/seller and also search for his/her mobile number and check out on them.

http://www.sxc.hu/pic/m/i/in/intuitives/284089_handshake_communication.jpg
2. It can increase your negotiation skills - buying and selling online usually requires patience to negotiate. Most items sold online aren't fixed price. Just be sure not to low ball the seller so much that it might piss them off. I did this once and the seller didn't give me the lock code for the unit I bought. I then agreed to pay the balance and the seller eventually gave me the code. Deal should be fair = buyer is happy and seller is happy. Other than that formula, don't proceed with the deal.

http://www.sxc.hu/pic/m/d/di/dimitri_c/1208441_requiem_for_a_daily_dream____2.jpg
3. Confidence booster - It's no easy feat for a young lad to go and meet up with a stranger and make a deal. Buying and selling trained me to face any client I need to meet with now without fear. Of course, you should exercise your due diligence by doing a little research as indicated in number 1.

http://www.sxc.hu/pic/m/d/du/duchesssa/984780_employee_team.jpg
4. Learn to look at the trend - I learned to see through the wall and foresee the trend. In your real business, this plays a critical role too and this will be the gauge whether your business would be ok or not.

http://www.sxc.hu/pic/m/a/ag/agthabrown/1208792_square_web_2_0_style_icon_set_1.jpg
5. Stick with what's effective - There are a lot of mediums out there that you can use to buy and sell. Shotgun approach by posting in every single one of them might sound great but the time and effort wasted more valuable. Save time by posting and looking for items in an effective medium. Life's also like that. There are people who bring you down and inspire you. The more time you waste in spending with those who pull you down, the more you won't be successful in your goals.

Buying and selling online isn't just buying and selling. The experience you will gain by doing so won't be ever taught in school, nor be the same as what your parents are teaching you. This is a hands-on experience that you can use in a lot of aspects in your life. 

As of the moment and as per experience, I find this buy and sell website effective. I suggest you try them out whether you are looking for something to buy here in the Philippines or sell something here in the Philippines.


Cheftonio

0 comments: