Thursday, March 10, 2011

Otterbox Impact for Nokia N8 and the Otterbox Series

I had a hard time looking for a case for my N8 when I first had it last January. The phone was given to me by my Fiance as a birthday gift and my cousin gave me an original Nokia case. I was contented with that but the usual me wanted to get another protective case for my phone.

I chanced upon the Otterbox Impact for Nokia N8.




A brief background for the Otterbox case series:
There are actually several kinds of Otterbox. Defender, Commuter, Reflex and Impact. To know more about each type, kindly select an icon below that will bring you to the Otterbox official website.

Source: Official Otterbox Website. To check out if these items are in stock locally, call their office at 7500312 or go directly to their newly opened store at SM North EDSA Annex - Cyberzone.

I really like how the fit of the Otterbox Impact on my Nokia N8 is. Check out the photos below:







For me, the look of the Otterbox Impact case adds value to the unit. It fits perfectly as though it was engineered and scientifically measured.

Here are some Pros and Cons about the case:
Pros +
> Looks good
> Fits very well
> Prevents phone from easily slipping
> Made pushing the 3 buttons easier (Power switch, camera button and the menu button)
> Earphone jack and HDMI slot easily accessible. Sim and memory card slots as well.
> Fits well even with invisible shield on

Cons-
> Hard to get out of the pocket (anti-slip material)
> Collects dust on the rubber portions (easily cleanable though)

Hope my review helped you. Here's my previous review for the: Otterbox Defender for iPhone 3g/3gs

Up next to be reviewed, Otterbox Defender for iPad! Wohooo!


Like them on Facebook as they'll be giving away FREE Otterbox cases there! I think they just gave away one recently.

Follow Otterbox on Twitter
Cheftonio

6 comments:

jake said...

cool case! do they have it for all types of phone?

lucky you, you have an n8 without having to pay for it!

Tia seyfried said...

Hi

I'm arriving in Manila soon. Where do I purchase an ootterbox for my blackberry bold 9780? thanks

Anonymous said...

Will it blend?

Cheftonio said...

@jake,
I think not all but the sell-able phones, they do have.

Yes, I feel very lucky to get a Nokia N8 for free. Thanks to my Fiance. :)

If you want to know the availability, Otterbox has a new store in SM North EDSA Cyberzone. Do check it out. If you want to check online, they have a facebook fan page. Here's the link:

http://www.facebook.com/Tenkiebox#!/Tenkiebox

hope this helps! :)

Cheftonio said...

@Tia,

Hi! Check out SM North EDSA Cyberzone. Otterbox has a cool boutique store there!

http://www.smsupermalls.com/smsupermalls/index.php?p=651&mall=20

Cheftonio said...

@Anon,

Good question. That I don't know too :)