Wednesday, June 29, 2011

5 reasons why I love Chicken Charlie's Epic Fried Chicken

Never have I tasted fried chicken THIS good.


I've been eating fried chicken ever since I was a kid. It was either the crispy fried chicken or the tasty chicken but not the crispy kind. Sauce was a must-have when eating the crispy but bland fried chicken.

This year, a new restaurant revolutionized the way a chicken should taste. It's like hitting those famous fried chicken stores around the metro in their heads using a bat saying, "This is how you do fried chicken". *bam!*

Thinking of where to have lunch or dinner? Think no more.

I first heard of Chicken Charlie from my friend Anton Diaz. When I saw his article, I immediately got curious because I was wondering how the hell can a fried chicken be that interesting. That thought remained until I visited their first ever branch in NS Amoranto (Now in Banawe). It was when I first sank my teeth into their crispy chicken skin and through their tasty chicken meat -- Thus explains the "Extra Ordinary Taste" description.

Here are 5 reasons why I love Chicken Charlie's epic fried chicken:
Chicken Charlie Combo | 4 Wings / 4 Drumsticks
1 - Chicken Charlie is Addicting
Be warned though that their chicken is indeed addicting. Once you take your first bite, you can never go back. Addiction is inevitable.

A first timer in Chicken Charlie? If you like a little thrill for your palate, try their hot sweet sauce -- it's my favorite! If not, the Soy Garlic is an equally tasty treat to satisfy your gastronomical desires. I don't know if I'm included in the "average" person but an average person like me can consume 4 wings and 2 drum sticks plus rice and drinks. Here's a tip, order a siding of pickled radish. It tastes *good* with their crispy and tasty chickens.
Sidings: Pickled Radish


Chicken Charlie's 4pc-wings
2 - Chicken Charlie is Freshly Prepared
I've tried other similar 'chickens' in the metro including Bon Chon and Sunrise Buckets. So far, I love Chicken Charlie the most. I find their quality (taste and crisp) better than the rest. I wonder what's their secret? Hmmm.. Just make sure to pre-order your chicken's first when dining in Chicken Charlie if you are not fond of waiting, because according to them,
Chicken Charlie believes in freshness. Everything is freshly cooked upon order, so you know you’re getting top-quality food made with the best ingredients possible. No pre-cooking means that you’ll have to wait a while before you bite into the only chicken with a soul-satisfying crunch, but it’s worth every minute. (source)
Although the long wait for the chicken might be a disadvantage for some (15 minutes +/-), Here's how to pre-order your Chicken Charlie (Click Here)


Inside Chicken Charlie Banawe
3 - Chicken Charlie has the Ambiance
I love how "at home" I feel everytime I eat there. The coziness of the space might work against the owners as they can only serve and accommodate as much but, it gives the restaurant a sense of closeness to each other -- from the warm smiles of the staff to the ambient lighting it creates to the beautifully themed fixtures.


One thing I don't like is their plates. They use paper plates as plates and this some how gives a little minus points to the ambiance.


I love how they used the Bundaberg Root Beer bottles as vases
4 - Chicken Charlie Staff is Friendly
There was once when me and my friends were dining in their San Juan branch for hours until way past the closing time. They weren't rude to close the air conditioning system on us nor close the lights. You wouldn't also hear them mumbling and banging things. This is what you call service.


Charlie's Bowl at only 59 pesos!
 5 - Chicken Charlie is Budget Friendly
 Even though they are using quality ingredients, they have pocket friendly prices! They are relatively cheaper compared to Sunrise Buckets and Bon Chon Chicken. Also, they have the 'Charlie's Bowl'. At 59 pesos, you will surely be filled with their yummy chicken strips, soy garlic sauce topped on rice.

Overall - I Love Chicken Charlie!
The taste. The Crunchiness. The Quality. It makes me crave for more. It's creating an army of chicken lovers.  It's one of those "wants" that you want "now"! Good thing they do offer a city delivery. Just dial 87878.

Chicken Charlie's Menu:
(Those with asterisks * in the menu has a free siding of pickled radish)
Chicken Charlie Menu
Take home some Chicken Charlie goodness!

Be one with the other chicken lovers out there. Follow Chicken Charlie on Facebook and Twitter.

Follow them on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/ChickenCharlie_
Add them up on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/chickencharliephilippines
Website: http://www.chickencharlie.net/

Banawe Branch
Telephone No: 742-3333, 475-3781, 0932-2519475
Address: 808 Banawe St. Barangay sienna (near SOGO hotel)

San Juan Branch
 Telephone No: 477-7422, 736-9315, 0932-3125854
Address: 15 J.abad santos street little baguio SanJuan.

Malate Branch
Telephone No: 4508410, 8719374, 0932-1508410
Address: 1635 Adriatico st, Malate Manila (rothman inn hotel)

Chicken Charlie Banawe

Cheftonio
PS. Liked the post? Subscribe to my blog by typing in your email below. You'll get my posts in your inbox via email.
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

By the looks it, it's not just an ordinary fried chicken that I used to eat. The environment and the friendly staff makes me want to eat their if I had the chance. :)