Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Krazy Garlic is Krazy Gar-licious!

We don't frequent Greenbelt 5 but whenever we visit that mall in the past few months, we notice a concept restaurant tucked in the corner of the 2nd level of GB5. My brother and I, being garlic lovers were curious on the array of food that they serve. I was very curious and thought to myself, "Other than being sure that they serve garlic rice, I wonder what other hardcore garlic dishes they offer?"

Just last week, we were invited to try out Krazy Garlic. (Thanksss!) A restaurant owned and operated by the Bistro group, under the Creative Restaurants Concepts Inc.

  
Seated outside, Al Fresco dining style, they have customized their tables with a spraypaint-like design, letting out a feeling that it's your friendly neighborhood restaurant. We weren't seated inside so I don't know how the ambiance is inside but looking at it, it's similar to the other restaurants Bistro group has created. If you're not used to the hot humid weather we have here in the Philippines, I suggest that you seat inside.

Utensils were clean and neatly organized. Drinks was placed over a tissue paper. Problem is, when condensation takes place, the tissue paper underneath it will be soaked with water. I think it's better for them to use coasters to improve the visual part of the dining experience. Also, 2 of us in the group ordered the same drink and it was served in a different kind of glass. I also think that they serve similar drinks in uniform glasses to prevent other customers thinking that they are getting ripped off because the other has a bigger glass.



So you might ask, "how's the food in Krazy Garlic?"

Trivia:
-60% of the dishes comes with or has garlic.
-Garlic concepts are mostly Italian. Krazy Garlic is garlic and spice = any recvipe around the world.
-Most food in Krazy Garlic are Mediterranean and Asian inspired garlic cuisine 

I honestly didn't know what to expect. Here's my verdict on each of the food that was served:

Amazing Krazy Garlik Salad
Three things I can remember a few days after. Crunchy, tasty and yummy. I find this salad unique out of all the salads I have ever tasted. I forgot to ask what that crunchy thing on top of the salad is and if you know, please do comment on my blog below, to help me identify it.

Baba Ghanoush | Php 255.00
Baba Ghanoush is a recommended appetizer according to Krazy Garlic staff. I personally think that there's nothing special with this dish. It was exactly what I expected (in a good way) so I wasn't surprised. If you want an appetizer, try this one.  

BUT, if you love cheese, I suggest you order the Spinach and Cream Cheese (Not in the photo) appetizer. It is something you must order even if you don't want an appetizer. Of all the appetizers, this is my favorite. Please take note that I love cheese and that might be a major factor on why I liked this very much. Crunchy on the outside, creamy on the inside. Eat it while it's hot. You won't regret it.

Shrimp Maramonte
Too bad I wasn't able to try it but base on my friends comments, it was good and not "malansa". I would surely go back to Krazy Garlic soon and I will order this one to personally try it out.

Garlik and Snowflakes Pizza [BEST SELLER] | Php 495.00
The Garlik and Snowflakes Pizza has 8 slices and has a diameter of 10 inch. This is also a best seller and I can see (and taste) why. The mix of garlic and pineapple is like a well engineered engine which will make you purr. This beats my favorite garlic pizza by miles in terms of goodness and satisfation! Highly recommended!

Chinese Style Fried Rice | (Php 364share / Php 210 regular)
This fried rice is too familiar for me that's why it didn't catch my attention. If you want to order fried rice, get the Harakiri rice. It is spicy and it's their signature rice (Php 365 share/ Php 225 regular). This is my favorite rice from Krazy Garlic. The well balanced spiciness mixes well with the dishes served. If you don't have apprehensions on eating spicy food, don't forget this. One order is good for 3 or 4 persons already.

Grilled Tuna Belly | Php 395.00
I didn't like grilled tuna belly much because it has fish bones. Also, I don't find the taste any special either. it was so-so but its okay if you're diet requires fish.

Crispy Pata | Php 695.00
Crispy pata has a mango salad by the side. Honestly speaking, I expected a lot from this dish, being a best seller in Krazy Garlic. Meat was tender, skin was crispy, but that's it. It's a must try but don't expect too much like what I did so you wont be disappointed.

Creama Catalana
The dessert kept some of us on the edge of our seats was. We were excited to try out the unique garlic-ky desserts they are serving. I first tried the caramelized garlic. My fiance liked it but I didn't. I find the combination weird or maybe, im not used to eating my dessert with garlic. I might not be a hardcore garlic lover after all but if you are, don't miss this!

Apple Tart

The apple tart was very good! It was very tasty and very natural tasting -- not like other apple pies which taste like it was bombarded with sugar and syrup. I like the natural taste very much that I wanted to finish the whole thing. Oh yea, one person can finish one apple pie order in Krazy Garlic. Highly recommended!

Dragon Fruit Vanilla Strawberries Shake | Php 180
I ordered a Dragon fruit vanilla strawberries shake. I didn't like my first sip. Maybe it tasted new to my palate. But as soon as I got my second sip, I couldn't stop anymore. I liked it very much and I suggest that you try and order this. This is also one of their best selling drinks.

The garlic bulb has a special marinade and I find it yummy. It's included in several dishes and appetizers. A must try if you're a garlic lover like me. You can request for complimentary extra garlic flakes. Second request will have a charge though, but in a bigger container and costs 40 pesos. Worth it. Do it.

Worried your kids might not like garlic dishes? They have their own menu.

Verdict
I'm actually looking forward to dine there again! This time, I will bring my family with me. Perfect for foodies and food-thrill seekers! Also perfect for family gatherings and get-togethers! I'm actually suggesting that my little sister spend her birthday there -- that's something you won't hear from me because Greenbelt is not near my location of residence and I hate traveling though Makati's traffic just to eat.

If you want to try out Krazy Garlic, they are located in the 2nd level of Greenbelt 5 and I think they are opening a few more branches around the Metro soon. Now counting down until my next snowy garlic pizza and other garlicky dishes!


Cheftonio
PS. Liked the post? Subscribe to my blog by typing in your email below. You'll get my posts in your inbox via email.
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner


0 comments: