Monday, July 11, 2011

Yogurt for a non-yogurt lover: Yoggle

Photo from PowerPee of Flickr
Wanting to kill some time as me and my 2 friends were early for a meeting, we decided to stop by Yoggle, a Yogurt shop along Ortigas near Santolan. This would be one of the few times I would try to eat yogurt. Just like my previous yogurt experience at Yogurt Froz Shangrila mall, I never knew I'd like yogurt.

Well technically, for Yoggle, I tried their Dulce de Leche yogurt and Vanilla yogurt. Both are good but the fact remains that it tasted like ice cream and that might be the reason why I love it so much.

Believe it or not, I went to Yoggle thrice in a span of 1 week! It might be because of the proximity of the yogurt shop.


I also like the variety of toppings they have. But the thing is, most of the yogurt shops nowadays isn't any different from each other. As much as I like those yogurt shops that sells by weight, I don't find anything special with them comparing it from one shop to another.

Just last week, I tried Frutti FroYo in Trinoma and I bought their vanilla flavor. Conclusion? The one I ate at Yoggle and the one in Frutti FroYo tastes exactly the same!

Forgot what yogurt flavor this is. This photos is from my 2nd visit.

My standard topping for these customizable yogurts:
Almonds, powdered graham and chocolate sprinkles.


Even though they taste the same, I love the ambiance inside Yoggle. The sofa is comfy, the environment is relaxing and there is free WiFi from the Ronac Art Center (password protected. ask for it from the Yoggle attendants). Trinoma has WiFi too but it gets too loaded on weekends to the point that you can't use it.

Put as much as you want, as long a you pay for it. :)
Here's a tip, you can get a free taste to help you decide which flavor to buy. When you decide which flavor to get, finish it off the spoon before you create your own yogurt. Don't include the spoon when you're having your yogurt weighed even though it might not add much weight which will translate to additional unnecessary cost. I saw a lot of people do that. 

Toppings
Green is In!
Nice.
Can't complain about the service because this is self-service. Store has a happy mood as it is clean and bright.
Overall, I'm going back here for the eating experience and environment.

I liked Yohgurt Froz because of their difference concepts like Yogurt + waffle. I like Yoggle and Frutti Froyo because it tastes like ice cream and I love putting toppings on my own. This is my point of view. Again, I'm not a yogurt lover. Looking forward to blog about more yogurt shops.

*Photos not mine are owned by their respective owners and are credited. If you see your photo and want it to be taken down, contact me.

Cheftonio
PS. Liked the post? Subscribe to my blog by typing in your email below. You'll get my posts in your inbox via email.
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner


1 comments:

boredbumbero said...

try golden spoon yogurt, also tastes like ice cream :)