Monday, August 8, 2011

Best Burger in Metro Manila? Boulevard Diner


I love burgers but I don't like burgers from fast food joints. Are you in search for the best burger in Manila? Me too.

From a burger joint in Banawe. Huge but burnt and bland.
Lately, I noticed that the places that serve burgers compete by size and not by quality. Take a famous burger diner here in Manila for example. Yes, their burgers are somewhat palatable and big but after eating there, I can assure myself that I'll also have a big headache after. Another example is a burger joint I tried a few months back located in Banawe, QC (Now closed). The burger was huge but the patty was dry, burnt and bland. To tell you the truth, I don't like huge burgers. What I like is scrumptious and appetizing burgers!


Before Boulevard Diner existed, my favorite burger was from Brothers Burger. I always order the "Brothers Burger" whenever I visit them but never did I go out of my way just to eat there. On another note, Boulevard Diner is located in Xavierville Avenue, a place that did not exist in my map until I learned that Boulevard Diner was situated there. Almost all my life I lived here in the Philippines, particularly in Metro Manila, I have never passed through Xavierville. Heck, I could have even used my fingers to count the number of times I traversed through Katipunan. In short, Xavierville was placed on my map because of Boulevard Diner, much like Radiator Springs was placed on the map because of McQueen.


The place is cozy yet the ambiance is light. Nothing too overpowering for the visual senses and in fact, the design and motif compliments the burger eating experience. You can choose to seat at the padded seat area or at the bar-type area. The entire restaurant can seat up to around 18~20 pax only so better come early. For the parking slots, there are around 4 in front and more at the back, so parking is not a problem here.

They have ordinary burgers at Boulevard Diner, but who wants a common burger when you're already IN Boulevard Diner? Their burgers has already been featured in several shows, magazines and newspaper and allow me to say again that I love their concept burgers! Their burgers are a true symphony to the taste buds.

I love pressing my burgers to a flat and grabbing it using my hands and show the burger who's boss! My fiance thinks that Boulevard Diner's burgers are the only burgers that are worth using her bare hands with. Here are some of the burgers from Boulevard Diner that we've tried so far:
Volcanic Viktor | Php 170.00
I love how crunchy the onion rings remains even when mixed with the juicy and saucy burger. This burger has fried onion rings, lettuce, tomato, cheese, beef and chopotle mayo dressing. The beef is as usual, full of flavors. I wonder why other burgers in the metro do not taste the same way?

Larry Lana'i | Php 175.00
The photo is not deceiving.Whatever you see, you will taste and the mixture of flavors is definitely something you must try. With lettuce, tomato, onion rings, pineapple slice, cheese, beef and bacon, how can it go wrong? Every burger here is treated like a work of art.

Sha-Zam! | Php 195.00
The mouthfeel of Sha-Zam is just awesome! From the crispy potato shoestrings to the soft fried egg and through the juicy and tasty burger! Who needs famous clothes designers to design your burgers when what you need is a chef that is a burger master?

Still unnamed as serving | Php 225.00
If you want the ultimate normal burger look but want an extra ordinary experience, then this burger is what you are looking for. Gravy, mushrooms, cheese, beef, lettuce, tomato and bacon. Sounds like an ordinary burger? Try it and you'll find out what differs this burger from the other ordinary burgers with the same ingredients.

Gorgon-Zola | Php 180.00
Out of my many visits here, I order the Gorgon-Zola 75% of the time! Other than the obvious lettuce, tomato, beef and cheese, this burger has sauteed oyster mushrooms and a creamy gorgonzola dressing that definitely tingles my sense of taste! If you want to order a safe but definitely recommended burger, I suggest you get this. (I took this photo separately from my past visit)


If you noticed, when talking about the burgers from Boulevard Diner, the burgers are all flavorsome. What differentiates them from one another is the toppings and fillings.

Here's Boulevard Diner's other offerings and menu:




Here's Our Awesome Planet's burger photo collection. I'm confident to say that none of the burgers there are more visually appealing than the burgers in Boulevard Diner. For the taste, it's subjective but I've tried most of them already.

So, what's the best burger in Metro Manila? Look no further as I've finally decided to cast my vote to Boulevard Diner, as my most favorite burger place in the entire metro! Don't worry, I will let you know when I find a better burger than this.

Any burger places in the metro who wants to challenge Boulevard Diner? Are you a burger lover too? Let me know your favorite burger in the Metro by mentioning them in the comment section. I will try them out and pay for my meals the same way I did with Boulevard Diner.


Boulevard Diner
91 Xavierville Avenue, Loyola Heights, Quezon City, Philippines
02-5045634
(They accept delivery around Katipunan area)
Boulevard Diner'sFacebook Fan Page

Happy burger hunting!

Disclosure: My friend owns that diner but it has not in any way affected my judgment nor my descriptions stated above.

Cheftonio
PS. Liked the post? Subscribe to my blog by typing in your email below. You'll get my posts in your inbox via email.
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner


4 comments:

Unknown said...

I agree. Its sad how most burger joints view business as a competition in size. =(

Anonymous said...

looks really yummy!

JoTan said...

i super love their gorgonzola burger! :)

Anonymous said...

good evng cheftonio blvd diner is not in business anymore, any info if it transferred location only? thanks