Saturday, October 8, 2011

Pinarello Lungavita from Primo Cycles in the Philippines

LBC Ronda Pilipinas is on Stage 11 today! I was monitoring it through Facebook and Twitter from the start. This made me want to go into cycling/ biking. My only sport is badminton (now a was).  I do try to get into sports from time to time like running/ jogging, shooting hoops, badminton and bowling but the passion is not enough to motivate the said activity for a long time.

With all the meetings and dining out I am currently having, I know I need to exercise already. I feel guilty that I am enjoying yet my body is silently absorbing all the shocks of oily, fatty and MSG-rich foods. 

I don't want to join the bandwagon but I really want to go into biking right now. It's one of the things I am happy about because there are people who can swim but can't bike. I am the opposite of that. Whenever I go to UP to jog, I often times wish I was one of those people exercising using a bike.
Pinarello Lungavita

A few weeks back, this bike shop located in Burgos Circle fueled my interest. I saw this Pinarello Lungavita and up to now, I can't stop thinking about it and now I'm writing about it. That bike is a single speed bike that has a vintage touch yet looks modern and elegant. Because I don't know a lot about bikes, the owner was very willing to explain the basics to me. They have great customer service right over there.

Kuya Kim and his Pinarello Dogma having a Retul fit (Photo from Primo Cycles Facebook)
They are selling a lot of nice brands like Pinarello, Cervelo and Colnago. Just recently, kuya Kim Atienza bought a Pinarello Dogma there. It was one of the lightest bikes I had ever heard of. He lifted it with one finger and it only weighed around 15 pounds. From what I've heard, Pinarello is the Ferrari of bikes.

My dream "single speed" bike: Pinarello Lungavita
The owner suggested that if I want to start, I can start off using a Colnago or Cervelo. Both of them are also known worldwide. If I'm not mistaken, they are considered Italian bikes.

Retul Bike Fit Workshop
Another cool thing when purchasing some of the bikes there is, you'll have a free Retul session. An expensive bike is useless without the proper fit. If you have a bad bike fit, you will have backaches, knee pain and other pains every time you ride. You wouldn't want that, right? 
What is Retul?  
Retul is a cycling-specific motion-capture bike fitting system designed to provide qualified bike fitters highly accurate and comprehensive bike fit data. The system incorporates three-dimensional measurement, immediate report capability, and a millimeter-specific digitizing tool to provide the most accurate dynamic fitting solution in the industry. Simply put, Retul is a bike fitters ultimate weapon of choice.
If you want to learn more about Retul, I suggest you read this article in Swim Bike Run website.


I'm still thinking if I'm getting a single speed just for exercise and porma or do I aim for the real deal cycles? Excited to try out Retul too!

To get a Retul fit, contact Glenn of Primo Cycles at 02-8367455.
Primo Cycles Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/#!/PrimoCycles
Primo Cycles Twitter: http://twitter.com/primocyclesph

Cheftonio
PS. Liked the post? Subscribe to my blog by typing in your email below. You'll get my posts in your inbox via email.
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner


-->

1 comments:

Johnny said...

I love the bikes. Wanna buy one of those, nasira kasi yung bike ko :(