Monday, February 27, 2012

The Sound of Music - Resorts World Manila


I'm not a big fan of plays and musicals although I remember watching some like Cats, Beetle Juice and some others I can't remember. Last night, me and my fiance went our for an evening of R&R and we went to watch the Sound of Music musical in Resorts World Manila.


Started the night with an early dinner at Tao Yuen. Not my first time here so I know what to order. We had our favorite beans (Reminds me of the song "favorite things" from the musical), cereal prawns and hainanese white chicken. Also ordered hainanese rice for us and some fresh orange juice and calamansi juice. I was so full after the dinner that I didn't even have to eat breakfast the next morning. LOL. I like Malate's Tao Yuen better, this one was just okay.

Believe it or not, I had no idea what the story of The Sound of Music was before the start. This made it more interesting as I was curious although admittedly, I wasn't as excited as my fiance in watching the musical. I just didn't understand the first 4 scenes because there was this group of old ladies that keeps on chattering seated right behind us. Very annoying. I even told one of the staffs wearing red shirts but they didn't do anything about it. Eventually, I had to tell them to keep quiet.

After the play I told my fiance that it was okay. She loved the play very much and I was happy. The morning after, the songs just kept on playing on my mind. I was even singing in the shower, looking for youtube videos of it and found myself interested to watch it again.

I enjoyed the musical surprisingly. For someone like me who doesn't appreciate such, this is really surprising. This is why I highly recommend this musical even to those who doesn't appreciate musicals much! You'll also like it. :)

To give you a tip on where to seat.. I'll tell you honestly that even at the cheapest seat section, you'll be able to fully enjoy it also. The layout of the theater is very nice. They also have 2 huge monitors for close ups. The best seats are of course in the middle and the closer the better.

Here's a video with the songs they sang that night: (Sorry for the blurry video. Video not mine)



Cheftonio
PS. Liked the post? Subscribe to my blog by typing in your email below. You'll get my posts in your inbox via email.
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner



-->

2 comments:

Jeric said...

Wow, wanna go there, mukhang maganda. Love the foods and listening to music is also one of my interest.

Samson said...

mukhang ayus nga to ah. sana makapunta ako dyan!