Friday, February 24, 2012
Trivia from Kuya Kim and some Pick Up Lines
I love to surf the internet on my free time and I admit that I consume media like there's no tomorrow! View videos, check out websites, explore new trends in business and marketing, check out what competitors are up to and more! If you don't know where to start, I suggest that you download Stumble Upon. They have an iPad and iPhone app. You can also install Stumble upon as an add-on in your Firefox browser.
Here's a collection of the Filipino pick up lines I got from a contest done months ago: (For the trivia, just scroll down a bit further) Pick up lines are not from Sen Miriam.
Ikaw ba si Ben Tulfo?
Kasi na-BITAG mo ang puso ko!
Gulong ka ba?
Kasi umiikot mundo ko sayo!
Pundasyon ka ba?
Because you make me stronger!
Sabi ko na nga ba ikaw ang 10 letters ng buhay ko eh.
Your my life.
Buti hindi nilalanggam ang bibig mo.
Sweet kasi ng smile mo.
Tubig ka ba?
Mamatay kasi ako pag wala ka.
* Coffee is one of the highest traded commodities in the world, second only to oil.
* Red wine will spoil if exposed to light; hence tinted bottles.
* A mother hen turns over her egg about fifty times per day, so the yolk won't stick to the sides of the shell.
* Pineapples are classified as berries
* Turning a clock's hands counterclockwise while setting is not necessarily harmful. It is only damaging when the timepiece contains a chiming mechanism.
* Minus 40 degrees Celsius is exactly the same as minus 40 degrees Fahrenheit
* The king of hearts is the only king without a moustache on a standard playing card!
* The opposite sides of a dice cube always add up to seven!
* An iguana can stay under water for 28 minutes. (Video)
* The most venomous spider in the world is the Brazilian Wandering Spider (Phoneutria fera). They are extremely fast, extremely venomous, and extremely aggressive. They do not remain on the web and they wander on the forest floor. In South America, these spiders are commonly found in homes, hiding in peoples' shoes and other clothes.
* Maria Cristina Falls in Lanao Del Norte is 153 feet higher than North America's majestic Niagara falls. The tallest waterfall and the falls with the highest drop in the world is located in Bolívar, Venezuela. Kerepakupai Merú also known as Angel Falls is at 3,212 feet with a single drop height of 2,648 feet! The waterfall drop alone is 48 feet higher than "The Burj Dubai", which is currently the tallest building in the world right now.
The spider trivia got me interested in knowing more about them. As I was researching, I found out that several highly venomous spiders and scorpions are available for sale here in the Philippines (not legally, I think) including some flesh eating fishes like Piranha. Just be careful in handling them if you really want to keep them as pets but, it is not recommended. Most people buy them as pets because it needs less attention, and you can feed them once a week.
If you want more trivia, I suggest that you follow Kuya Kim in Twitter and in his Facebook page.
Kuya Kim Atienza Facebook Fan Page
Kuya Kim Atienza Twitter
I also blogged about him last year as part of the 10 twitter accounts you should follow here in the Philippines: http://cheftonio.blogspot.com/2011/08/10-must-follow-twitter-accounts-in.html
PS. Liked the post? Subscribe to my blog by typing in your email below. You'll get my posts in your inbox via email.
Powered by Blogger.