Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Figaro Christmas Treats 2012

We hold our weekly Toastmasters meeting in Figaro and my ultimate favorite is the Longganisa "All Day Breakfast" meal. Although I am not that active now in Toastmasters, I do go to Figaro if I get the chance for a cup of coffee or a quick snack. This Christmas, Figaro is offering new stuff! Looks like I found a new favorite!

Their Christmas line includes mouth-watering pastas and tempting desserts! Other than that, they have new merchandises and some only be limited to the Christmas season.

Main Meals
Figaro Chicken Parmigiana | Php 180.00
Figaro is not only well known for their coffee but also their quality pasta meals! This pasta with home made tomato sauce is something I recommend for tomato-based pasta lovers. The chicken, although white meat is tasty and juicy, not in oiliness but from the chicken itself. To achieve this, they have to cook it at the correct amount of time. The pasta is also cooked the way we usually want our pastas to be and topped with two cheese and served with foccacia bread. For 180 pesos, this will be good for 1 person. Add Iced Tea to it and a dessert (scroll down to check out their new desserts later) and you have a full meal.

Figaro Seafood Pomarola | Php 180.00
Want a seafood alternative? This is the way to go! The pasta used here is fettucini type. I love how generous the seafood topping is and how it is not "malansa" (stench of a fish). Seafoods are usually prone to having that stink but not here! The squid was also tender. Add a dash of their hot sauce to it and your good! This is also served with foccacia bread and good for 1 pax. I find the serving of this pasta bigger than the chicken parmigiana.

Figaro Meaty Lasagna | Php 200.00
Hohoho! This is my ultimate favorite! Away from the usual red-sauced lasagnas, just looking at the flowing golden melted cheese makes my mouth water! For non-cheese lovers, better get the alternative above and for cheese lovers, I need not say more. Every bite is generous with that hot-sticky-cheesy taste and boy, no words can do justice on how I enjoyed this dish. One more order, please? This is my ultimate favorite and I highly recommend the Figaro meaty lasagna! (Also served with foccacia bread)

Desserts
What more perfect way to end your meal other than having a dessert? I would think none would be better than that! (No, exercise is not what I was thinking.) Here are their new dessert offerings:
Red Velvet Cake | Php 110.00/Slice
I love how moist and soft this cake is. This would be best paired with a brewed cup of Figaro coffee and the perfect dessert for the red sauce pastas I mentioned above. Can't believe how much appetite I build just by blogging about their desserts!

Cheesy Bacon Scone | Php 55.00
Not something I really like. It's a bit crunchy and I can't seem to understand the taste. Maybe it's something new to me? Maybe I will like it the second time around? Acquired taste perhaps? let's see next time.

Christmas Cupcake | Php 80.00
For the price, the taste does justice to what you pay for. As the cliche goes, you get what you pay for. The chocolate cake below the sweet topping is also moist and not too sweet for my taste. I don't like cakes that are very sweet but this one is just right for me. I would love to pair this dessert with the meaty lasagna.

Triple Chocolate Toffee Bar | Php 95.00
This is the chocolatiest of the chocolate-y dessert! With several layers of chocolate, I bet chocolate lovers can find nothing wrong with this triple chocolate bar! Borderline sweet for me but the ultimate match for this is also a Figaro brewed coffee.

Merchandise and Gift Boxes
Gift Box 1 | Php X.XX
Gift Box 2 | Php X.XX
Frosted Tumbler | Php 200.00
Magic Mug | Php 209.00
Artisan Mug | Php 495.00
Premium Tumbler | Php 420.00
Group shot!
The frosted Tumbler reminds me of the Starbucks tumbler before but this one is way better in terms of design and price. Although this won't keep your drinks cold like frosted mugs will, I find the design attractive. It does make your drink look a little bit more refreshing, don't you think? I already bought one and gave it to a friend.

By the way, if you want to bulk order pastries or cakes from them, you can do so. Just give them a lead time of 7-10 days. All the said items above are available in ALL Figaro stores.

Visit the nearest Figaro branch and try their new offerings! You won't regret it!

What's your favorite Figaro dish? drink? merchandise? Comment away below!

Website: http://www.figarocoffee.com/
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/figarocoffeecompany
Twitter: https://twitter.com/figarocoffeeph

Cheftonio
PS. Liked the post? Subscribe to my blog by typing in your email below. You'll get my posts in your inbox via email.
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner


-->

0 comments: