Monday, December 10, 2012

Manila Hotel - Christmas Edition

Stayed overnight in Manila Hotel a couple of weeks back. It was far from the old Manila hotel. It's been some time now ever since they renovated that place but this is the first time I was able to stay there because I didn't think they can improve much based on the old looks. Well, it looks like they did improve a lot.

Here's the view from our room. We can see part of Fort Santiago and some greens. Above is a less-smoggy city since it's a Sunday afternoon. I'm pretty sure the skies would be different. Brownishly different.



TV in the restroom. Not a fan of bath tubs though because of hygienic reasons but was able to catch up on the TV show we were watching that night. Apparently, TV5 shows a marathon of Amazing Race Philippines episode on Sundays and it caught our interest and we decided to watch Amazing Race Philippines from that Sunday on. No time to watch on weekdays.

Classic Filipino design. Gives you a sense of class using Filipino-made materials.

Bathroom is normal but complete. Something that you can expect in most 5-star hotels. There's the waterproof remote control on top of the sink for the bathroom TV. Submerged it in water and it was still working fine. :)

Rain shower! Well, it's a normal trend nowadays and I don't see/feel anything special using it. It's just normal shower for me. I love the water pressure though! What I don't like is the sound of the water reverberating inside the glass shower enclosure. It gets pretty loud.

Available amenities that I don't usually use. I drink the complimentary bottled water though. On the right is our take-out from Bulgogi Brothers Mall of Asia. We went there before we checked-in Manila Hotel.

Here's the partial view when you're inside the room.
Most of the hotels I went to recently have iPod docks. It's a good investment for additional amenities but with the iPhone 5, I think they should also provide a 30-pin to lightning connector converter. That's cheaper than replacing all those docks.

Sunset is behind us so here's the view I saw just after sunset. Traffic was light that night. I was observing the traffic for a couple of minutes and saw a lot of "pasaway" drivers. Mostly trucks and PUVs.

The hallway is also bright enough but the decors were just plain. Nothing fancy. You can buy those vases in Suki market.

The lobby emits a festive ambiance. The nut cracker soldiers also enhances the Christmas mood. They're made from wood. I wonder where they keep that after Christmas?

Nut cracker soldier cookie jar! 
This digital fireplace is right outside Cafe Ilang-Ilang. I've always wanted my own fireplace at home. Even if it's just digital.

We had dinner at Cafe Ilang-Ilang. I've dined here a lot of times already but for some reason, the food that night wasn't good at all. The best experience so far for me was the seafood dinner (Friday nights I think)! The sea bass was just exquisite! Other than that, I won't recommend Cafe Ilang-Ilang.

A life-size ginger bread house. They also sell christmas goodies and gift packs.


Website:
http://www.manila-hotel.com.ph/

Cafe Ilang-Ilang
For reservations, call: 527-0011


Opening hours
Breakfast
Daily 6:00 AM to 10:30 AM
Lunch
Daily 11:00 AM to 2:30 PM
Dinner
Daily 5:30 AM to 10:00 PM


Cheftonio
PS. Liked the post? Subscribe to my blog by typing in your email below. You'll get my posts in your inbox via email.
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner


-->

0 comments: