Monday, December 17, 2012

Smart Christmas Midnight Rush - Smart iPhone 5 Launch

This is the second iPhone launch I've attended. The last one was the launch of the iPhone 4S. I didn't quite enjoy the iPhone 4S launch last year and wished that I attended the launch in Rockwell rather than the other one. For the other one, majority of the crowd dispersed after midnight but the other one continued on offering free movies, games and more food! Closing down a mall for a launch!? how cool is that?

This time I attended the Smart iPhone 5 launch and they made sure that everyone got their hands on the iPhone 5. What Smart did was open up satellite launch locations in different parts of Metro Manila and major cities in the provinces. Other than the main launch event which happened at the Republiq Club (Actually, since there was too many people, the launch happened in the activity area of RW Manila in front of Republiq) with DJ Toni Toni, Sam YG and Slick Rick as hosts. Other locations were: Dillingers in Makati, Reserve in Ortigas, Trilogy Boutique in ATC, Jack's Loft in Eastwood, Starr in Davao, Penthouse in Cebu City and several Smart business centers (Greenhills, Limketkai, CDO).


Here are some photos from the Smart iPhone 5 launch in Resorts World Manila:
People lining up in one of the many counters to sign-up
Smart iPhone 5 counter near the stage
Before the party started. Party Rock crew were also present that night!
More people lining up!

Celebrity sightings that night:
Magalona Family, Jinri Park, The football brothers (forgot their name), Mr. MMDA @Doblezeta, Troy Montero, Aubrey Miles, Party rock crew, DJ Acid Burn, DJ Toni toni, Sam YG and Slick Rick,  tech bloggers, lifestyle bloggers and many more! Actually, a number of bloggers came from the other event and waited for the 12midnight launch here at the Smart iPhone 5 launch. This time, I admit going home a little bit past midnight because I was so excited to play with my new iPhone.

As usual, The first few iPhone 5 registrants/owners got their hands on bonus prizes like PS3, XBOX 360, Macbook Air and an iPad. (I think I missed one more prize).

After I switched a couple of months back to Freedom plan, I'm now on a Smart iPhone 5 Postpaid plan. After being able to test it for those few months, I now know who the better network is. I'm enjoying my Smart iPhone 5 and maximizing it as 3G signals are literally almost anywhere I go.:)

Don't you think it's time to spend our precious time doing productive work rather than complaining everyday? Time to live more. :)

Cheftonio
PS. Liked the post? Subscribe to my blog by typing in your email below. You'll get my posts in your inbox via email.
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner


-->

0 comments: