Saturday, April 27, 2013

Basic Tips for Acne-Prone Skin


Being a teenager years back, I also got to experience acne and pimples but it didn't get worse until I reached my 20s. During the time I was having breakouts, I didn't have confidence in myself as there were just too much acne. Suddenly, the usual anti-acne products that I've been using for years wasn't effective anymore. I have gone to one of famous facial centers in the metro to seek help but they suggested that I take pills to control my hormones - which I didn't agree. Finally, with the help of a friend, I was able to see a Christian dermatologist who actually helped me out on my lifestyle. Initially, I had to visit him weekly for facial cleaning but as my skin improved, he gradually changed it to once in two weeks, once a month, and now, I usually visit him once in six months.

Here are a few simple things that has helped me with my acne problems. All are fairly simple but discipline might be needed in some areas. I do hope that as you follow them, your acne problem will also improve overtime.

Watch what you eat. The very first thing that my dermatologist told me was to stop eating dairy until acne stops appearing like wild mushrooms. Milk, cheese, chocolates, butter, ice cream, cakes - they were to be removed from my daily diet for at least 3 months. Family and friends told me that it is torture since those were all the best foods that life had to offer, but since I really wanted to have an acne-free skin, I was more than willing to give up all these for the time being. Of course, drinking at least 8 glasses a day should never be forgotten as water cleanses our system.

Shampoo affects your face - specifically the forehead. There are certain people that are allergic to some key ingredients in shampoo. In my case, I was recommended to check the label of the shampoo and avoid those that contain "dimethicone." I was first introduced to a shampoo that my dermatologist formulated on his own but after discontinuing it, he introduced me 'Neolia.' This shampoo is available in big supermarkets and is from Canada. Although this product is priced higher compared to other shampoos, spending a bit more on this has helped me save on weekly facial cleaning.

Try to minimize the stress in your life. This is actually one of the main causes of breakouts that only you can control. Try to sleep for at least 6-8 hours and avoid staying up late. Although stress can never be fully eliminated, minimizing it gives you good results physically, emotionally, psychologically, mentally and spiritually.

Exercise when you can. Living in this fast-paced busy era, we seldom had the time to do daily exercise so make sure you get to spare 5-10 minutes each morning for stretching or have a jog at least once a week to maintain good blood circulation.

I'm happy and thankful that after 3-4 months, there was a big improvement on my face. Until now, I do practice most of them - especially the dairy products part because I know it has one of the biggest factors that has caused my breakouts.

I hope you get to find these tips helpful to having an acne-free skin. And remember, beauty should not only be seen outside, but should also reflect from the inside. Have a blessed weekend everyone!

Some photos taken from shc.hu 

Lanna
PS. Liked the post? Subscribe to my blog by typing in your email below. You'll get my posts in your inbox via email.
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner


-->

0 comments: