Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Hokkaido Ramen Santouka

My love for ramen started when my friend had me try out Marutama ramen in Singapore. I can happily say that my ramen cravings are somewhat fulfulled even without going abroad as ramenya shops have sprouted all over the metro!

As we had idle time one Sunday afternoon prior to attending a wedding reception at Makati Shangri-la Hotel, we decided to drop by Santouka. We've heard people rave about the ramen here but we hated the line so we thought that by going there early before dinner, we won't have to line up that long.


As we arrived around 5-ish, we were surprised that the restaurant was full! We still had to line-up a good 10-15 minutes to be able to try it out. Since it was early still, we just decided to wait because we were really craving for ramen!

Aburi Char Siu - Roasted Pork | Php 220.00
I don't recommend the Abrui Char Siu. It's very pricey and I felt that there's nothing special to it. I liked Lido's char siu 1000x more. Although I commend them for the presentation and I probably paid for that so that explains why this dish is expensive.

Shio Ramen (L) | Php 380.00
At first, I thought that the soup was not creamy. As I continue eating, I learned how to appreciate the soup base as I slurp away with their noodles. It was good! The noodles, instant as it may seem like, is far from it! This is so far my most favorite noodles in any ramen restaurants here in Metro Manila! Although for soup base, my favorite is still the one in SM Megamall.

Yes! Their egg (add-on) is something to rave about also! I hope they cook it this way consistently because other ramenyas have a hard time doing so. Highly recommended add-on to your ramen dish!

My friend got this set and it was huge! You could actually share this with a friend and even upgrade the ramen to large. The ramen bowl in the photo is a small order only.

Service was also fast. As soon as we ordered, the ramen was served within 5 minutes! I personally recommend this restaurant for ramen lovers out there! Good food, great service and averagely priced ramen! Visit Santouka in Glorietta now! :)


They have 2 rooms you can reserve.
VIP Room A is good for 6-8 pax. (P3000 consumable)*
VIP Room B is good for 8-10 pax (P4000 consumable)*
*exclusive of service charge
For reservations, call 7281381

Hokkaido Ramen Santouka has an upcoming branch in SM Mall of Asia (fronting the bay)

Hokkaido Ramen Santouka

Glorietta 4
G/F Glorietta 4, Hotel Dr
Ayala Center, Makati
Operating Hours: 11am-11pm

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/RamenSantoukaPH

Hokkaido Ramen Santouka Menu:



















Cheftonio
PS. Liked the post? Subscribe to my blog by typing in your email below. You'll get my posts in your inbox via email.
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner


-->

0 comments: