Friday, April 17, 2015

Why I'm Excited for the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
If you read my blog, you'll know that I am somewhat a fan of Apple products. They have excellent after-sales service. I've never really owned a high-end Android device before, aside from review units that I get to use for a month or two. Sure, it may give you enough time to tinker the device and make a review about it but that's it. Thinking about it, I don't even remember what my phone was before I switched to Apple iPhone. My first iPhone was the iPhone 3G and I've been using iPhones since then.

Nokia 9300

My pre-iPhone smartphones were Nokia comminicators like the 9500, 9300 and Sony Ericsson smartphones like the P900 and P910i.  I believe that these gadgets are "somewhat" an investment for me rather than a want. In my field of work, nothing makes tasks easier than having a powerful portable device. My pre-iPhone devices were powerful in their own time.

Unlike before when you can only have a handful of powerful devices to choose from, now, you'll have a hard time choosing. Even the discriminated China brands before are now considered part of the top 3 brands in terms of sales. What's my point? In the ever competitive space of getting a larger piece of the smartphone market share, Apple and Samsung are now the top of mind choice when getting a device. Each has their own strength and weaknesses.


Apple is Apple. They are known to have well-thought of and developed products from design to the user experience. It's considered to be a lifestyle brand as well. Samsung on the other hand is known as a brand that is more for function and value for money. Until I saw the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge. Image from AndroidCentral.com
It's just a simple curve on the sides of the screen. The color availability is really nothing special. But mixing the design and highly appealing colors, it made me (and a lot of people, I assume) excited and to tell you the truth, the S6 Edge is the only device that made me think of switching to the other side of the wall BUT, no one said you cannot have the best of both worlds.

I'm seriously thinking of getting one. The launch is already this weekend and might as well get it this weekend because Smart is giving away prizes for those getting it this weekend! (Read here: http://www.cheftonio.com/2015/04/samsung-s6-or-s6-edge-and-win-trip-to-hongkong-boracay-and-other-prizes.html ) What I talked about was just the design. Wait until I get my hands on one and I'll do a full review of it. Can't wait for this weekend!

(I also contribute articles in Pinoy Tech Blog. Check out my iPhone 6 Plus review here: http://www.pinoytechblog.com/archives/iphone-6-plus-full-review)

Cheftonio
PS. Liked the post? Subscribe to my blog by typing in your email below. You'll get my posts in your inbox via email.
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

-->

0 comments: