Thursday, July 2, 2015

Kitchen Corner: Ground Pork Veggie Recipe

Sharing with you my recipe of ground pork with veggies. It's actually one of those quick dishes that you could prepare when you don't have much time but yet is yummy and healthy.

Because I am cooking for 9 persons, my ingredients are a lot, you can always adjust it to your requirements.

500 grams ground pork
2 medium sized potatoes
1 large sized carrot
8-10 Tablespoons of soy sauce
1/2 onion
3-4 cloves garlic
1/3 green bell pepper
2-3 pieces cabbage leaves
8-10 pieces mushroom (optional)
Black pepper to add flavor

Procedure:
Peel the carrots and potatoes, chop them into cubes and but them to a boil then set aside. I normally don't discard the water because I can still use it as my broth for the ground pork.

Chop the following into smaller pieces:
Garlic
Onion
Cabbage
Green Bell Pepper
Mushroom



         

Heat you pan and then put a little oil. I usually use a Saladmaster wok and just put minimal oil at the base. Saute the onion and garlic until fragrant and then add the ground pork.
Before putting the carrots, potatoes, mushrooms and cabbage, make sure that the ground pork is semi-cooked already.
Add the soy sauce and a little bit of stock (from the carrots and potatoes) and 1/2 tablespoon of pepper.
Mix it well and put it to a boil before adding the green bell pepper for final flavor.

Depending on how salty you want it, you may add more soy sauce or add the broth from boiled carrots and potatoes.

Oh, I almost forgot, this dish is enjoyed best when you also fry an egg to go with it, make sure it's sunny side up!

Lanna
PS. Liked the post? Subscribe to my blog by typing in your email below. You'll get my posts in your inbox via email.
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

0 comments: