Monday, February 1, 2016

How to Live Stream GoPro Videos (For GoPro Hero 4 Silver and Black)

It's cool that you can film extreme activities using GoPro. Underwater, extreme heat, or even filming a mach 1 jet fighter. No mass produced, realistically affordable camera has done all that before. Last year, I finally decided to get myself one to document my travels and (mis)adventures, specially recording my son's milestones. As a blogger, live streaming is often times one of my requirements as well. My iPhone can do that. My fast LTE connection can also do that. BUT, I would like it better if my GoPro can be the one doing the video recording and live stream what I am seeing at the same time. Now, GoPro can do it.. via Periscope. Read on to know how.
As soon as I heard about it, I re-downloaded my Periscope app from the Apple Appstore. I already deleted it before because my phone memory cannot handle large recorded video files as I only have the 16GB unit.

To live stream using GoPro Hero 4 Silver or Black Edition using Periscope, here's a quick step-by-step instruction:
1) Connect your GoPro to your iPhone

2) Open the GoPro app. Make sure you can see the live video view there

3) Open the Periscope app. Rather than seeing a video from your front/rear camera, you should see the live image coming from your GoPro camera.

4) Click "Start Broadcast".

As soon as you start broadcasting, it will usually be automatically announced on your Twitter feed. If your Twitter is connected to Facebook, they can click the link to view the video you are streaming.

To switch from using your GoPro camera to your iPhone, simply click on this:
That's how easy it is! I would think that other live streaming apps (including Facebook Live) would be able to stream via GoPro too next time but for now, let's just enjoy streaming using Periscope. Oh, and of course, you need to be connected to the WiFi or have a fast internet connection. I can personally vouch for Smart LTE. I posted this speed test the other day:

With that speed, you'll have no problems streaming live videos! Enjoy streaming!

*Special thanks to "Handcrafted by Harls" for my nice GoPro leather case

Cheftonio
PS. Liked the post? Subscribe to my blog by typing in your email below. You'll get my posts in your inbox via email.
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

-->

1 comments:

nic said...

thanks for sharing this. was wondering how I can live stream using my gph4se