Monday, November 1, 2010

Bubble Tea - Revisited for the nth time

If there's one food I really like, it would be Japanese food. Italian food would come in next.

I've been a Bubble Tea fan for years now and one of the owner, Mr. Reagan knows it as well. It was first introduced to me 2 to 3 years ago and since then, I grew fond of their food and milk teas. My favorite so far is their best-selling Royal Milk Tea.









Variety of Milk Teas

Comparing it to the other brands i've tried, theirs is the best so far. If you haven't tried it yet, you be the judge and try it for yourselves. Attempting to describe it the best way I can, Royal Milk Tea from Bubble Tea tastes more like those authentic Malaysian Milk Teas but, a bit thinner with an ample amount of sweetness. I think that it suites the tastes of the majority of the Filipinos.

I've also tried their other Milk Teas like the Taro and guess what.. you wouldn't want to drink from Zagu or Quickly again. Of course, those drinks are a bit cheaper but for just a couple more bucks, you pay for quality drink and imported ingredients -- Not the powder mix type of drink.

Comparing it to Serenitea, I would rank them this way. Remember, this is my opinion:
1. Bubble Tea
2. Serenitea
3. Ersao (#3 because of the price)

Bubble Tea and Serenitea's price is a bit similar to each other but I prefer the taste of BBT.

Likewise, comparing the food selection, Bubble Tea has a wider range of food selection, including main meals, snacks and desserts. Serenitea is just new so let's give them more time to develop their menu.










My favorite so far from Bubble Tea is the Chicken Teriyaki Doria. I never miss ordering that food when I'm in Bubble Tea. Their Chicken Teriyaki is more on the unique side because of the melted cheese topping that makes it oh-so-yummy! Comparing it to other Japanese restaurant fast foods like Teriyaki Boy / Tempura, this is more tasty because of the cheese topping.









Most of the ingredients, as much as possible are home-made making the taste more unique and not commercialized.








If you're in it for the Maki, theirs is one of the best as well but Omakase's Maki is a bit better. I couldn't say that 100% because I haven't tried ALL their Maki's yet.

Ranking Maki's with the same price range, I would say that #1 so far would be Omakase and #2 would be Bubble Tea's. Of course, Makati Shangrila hotel's Inagiku is superior but it also comes with a steep price.









From what I can see, Bubble Tea is aiming to compete with the authentic Japanese Restaurants located in the area of Little Tokyo in Makati with an affordable price in mind to make delicious Japanese food affordable for most people.










Their first branch is in SM Megamall basement near the food court area. They also have one in SM North Edsa and the 3rd one is in Tomas Morato. Parking is a bit of a problem in Tomas Morato. This year, they will be opening a fourth brand in Wilson st. (Greenhills) and it's going to be huge!










The concept is also well-thought of because the interiors feature a modern Japanese look with fresh ambient colors. It just completes the Milk Tea experience and this is why Bubble Tea makes me feel at home.










Facebook Fan Page: Tokyo Bubble Tea Fan Page

Also, found out that they have an on-going photo contest called pichur-pichur! Simply submit a photo in their Facebook page and you could win a Digital Camera! For the complete rules and mechanics, Click here.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
Cheftonio

0 comments: