Tuesday, September 20, 2011

First Ever Blogapalooza in Manila


Over the years, I've had my fair share of blogging events and it's just recently that I have been picky on the events I am attending because of my busy schedule. Since most of the guys at WheninManila are my friends, I decided to prioritize their event that they organized. Upon reading it, "Lovapalooza" popped up in my mind. It's Blogapalooza pala! I thought, "It must have the same concept without the hugging and the kissing. It must be good then."

Blogapalooza is a first here in the Philippines as far as I know. There were a lot of presentors that day and I wasn't able to take all of them in. Good for my short attention span but bad for my selective memory. I only took note of the items I am particularly interested in.

*Below is an online version of the Blogapalooza event last September 2011* 
Disclosure, all the presenters gave away some freebies inside the lootbag.



Avira had this umbrella gimmick. A great antivirus as I personally use the free version of it. They gave us 3 months free of the premium version and I'm trying it out now. So far so good. Thanks Avira!

Laybare also presented but I gave it away their items. They presented well using that cardboard illustration presentation as it caught the audience attention.

360 fitness club was also there. I think their concept is similar to the metafit exercise. Some facts from them:
Only 20% of the world population exercise
1.5B people are overweight
In order to achieve a full exercise, 150 muscles needs to move.

Kamera world presented the photo man. It's like a walking camera booth. I first saw this last year when I attended the IMMAP 2010 at SMX.

Japok is a Japanese fast food chain. I've never tried them before but if there's a branch near me, I might pay them a visit soon.

I consider my Treehugger pens one of the most awesome items inside the lootbag. It's cool, makes you feel you've done a part in saving the world and it functions well!

Another presentor I got excited about was Sofitel Manila. i've always loved their Spirals buffet and I've been wanting to stay at their hotel. I hope I get a chance soon! Check out my Sofitel Manila 2011 Oktoberfest post here.

Easy Pha-max presented their livelihood program. It's like a direct selling kind of thing. If you are interested, just search for it in Google. Sorry, I wasn't able to get the link.

Lazer Xtreme had an awesome intro. The owner and some of his staff were shooting at each other and it caught everyones attention. They also gave away some GCs in the lootbag. If I have time, I'll try them out.

Freestlye ballers is a great concept but I don't know who did it first. I think I saw some in Divisoria already weeks before the event. Both watches when compared side by side are almost identical. Anyway, give this kid a break. It's for his thesis. Please support him guys!

Tripologie also gave away awesome prizes! I love their logo and it's good to know that there's another travel shop in the metro. I hope the prices are lower here.

Pocholo Gonzales of Creativeoices was awesome! He did an actual performance of one of the commercials he did. Watch the video I uploaded below:

Size matters flame-grilled sausage burgers served us some snacks! I don't know if I was hungry but I enjoyed it while I paired it with some of the healthy drinks someone sponsored.

Leslie's, make of the famous clover chips also presented some of their new chips. Haven't tried it out yet though.

Chana, a car manufacturer from China also presented! I was intrigued on how much that new Starlight 4500 they unvieled there costs because it seems great for the business idea I have in my mind right now.

Shopinas is like an online shopping mall. Something that I have been wanted to do before.

HTC was the last to present. They gave everyone a phone. A phone made of cardboard hehe. Here's my HTC ChaCha review.


So quick and short, right? This is how I felt when I was on that event. It's great for those who have a short attention span but I hope for the next blogapalooza, the presenters/companies would present it in a more interesting manner -- TED talks style. Remember, you only have 5 minutes to impress the audience.

Over all, it was still an awesome event! 'Til the next event! Congratulations to the When In Manila team!


Blogapalooza Site: http://blogapalooza.wheninmanila.com/
WhenInManila Site: wheninmanila.com

Cheftonio
PS. Liked the post? Subscribe to my blog by typing in your email below. You'll get my posts in your inbox via email.
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner


0 comments: