Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Flapjacks Blockbuster Favorites - Back, Better and Best!


Flapjacks is the American or Canadian term for pancakes and we might think that this place serves breakfast food. They do serve breakfast but they also offer full meals. Their specialties are pancakes but I haven't tried them yet because this time, I tried their Back... Better... Best meals! Yep, our old favorite comfort foods are back in Flapjacks!



I am very particular in the appearance and ambiance of a restaurant. I went to flapjacks Greenhills branch and I like how the colors look refreshing to the eyes. They played with the summer colors and it gives off a relaxing aura. I forgot to take note if the couch I was on had holes but it was comfortable for me and nothing pointy to poke your behind. I saw a strand of web by the clock but it was barely noticeable.

As soon as their jolly and cheerful servers delivered our dishes, we immediately took photos so we can finally taste their "come back" offerings.

Mango Exotica - 2 sizes | Lunch 195.00 | Dinner 325.00
Romaine lettuce, California raisins, almond silvers, croutons, grilled chicken slicecs with tangy mango vinaigrette.

Mango Exotica was the first dish to arrive. Refreshing and tangy with a twist. If you want sweet mangoes, don't forget to request for it but the semi-sour taste of the mango livened up the taste of the lettuce and it went well with the vinaigrette. Some of the raisins was hard but mixed with almond silvers, it was a crunchy salad all in all!

Chicken Stuffed Parmigiana - Php 325.00
The pasta sauce tasted like the pork and beans sauce at first but as you go on and enjoy the pasta, there's an after taste that will be left behind -- and it's a good tasting after taste! Definitely went well with the stuffed chicken but it's best eaten warm. I left it on the side because I was busy taking photos. A good pasta, best eaten warm. 

Lemon-Pepper Pan Seared White Fish - Php 295
Usually, a hamburger or any meat dish would be my favorite, but not this time! This is my favorite out of all the dishes we had that night. I will definitely recommend this to meat and fish lovers! It was battered soft and every bite is a shower of colorful flavors and I didn't expect that to come out of a fish. Rice and veggies was abundant and this dish alone can surely fill you up!

The Original Hashbrown Burger - Php 350.00
What is it with hamburgers and hashbrown these days? Everyone seems to be serving them! To cut the story short, let me explain it this way. There's fastfood burger and there is "Burger" burger. This is, "Burger" burger. If you liked the other fastfood burgers with hashbrown, there's no reason you wouldn't love this.

Philly Cheese Steak - Php 295.00
This is not included in the Back, better, best menu but I ordered it anyway. After eating a little bit of everything on the Back, better, Best menu, you can imagine how full I am by now. But, as soon as this order arrived, I still got some! My first bite reminded me of a Cheesesteak sandwich in Rockwell and THIS was really better than the one in Rockwell. It was cheesy, the beef was tender and it wasn't oily! I would definitely recommend this!

New Orleans Seafood Gumbo - Php 265.00
This is also not included in the Back, better, best menu but included in the original Flapjacks menu. If you are a seafood lover, on a diet or don't feel like eating meat, this is the dish to order. I wasn't able to eat a lot of this, I can say that the sauce stood out and it was not the usual taste you will expect. Although it looks plainly boring in my photo, one order of it does the job well -- it's to fill your tummy.

Sunshine Spritzer - Php 75.00
Since my meal wouldn't be complete without drinks, the waiter suggested that I try the Sunshine Spritzer. It's sprite with some refreshing fruits. It was good! The color itself looks refreshing so you be the judge!


Not all first time are good and I am happy happy that this is a good first time for me! Flapjacks won't be the same breakfast place my impression gives me. It now is one of the go to places to satisfy your american comfort food cravings so head over to Flapjacks!

Check out their branches:
Greenbelt 2, Ayala Center
Theater Mall, Greenhills
Al Fresco, Midtown
UP Ayala Technohub.

To receive special news and deals from Flapjacks, sign up at mybistro.com.ph or visit their website at flapjacks.com.ph




Cheftonio
PS. Liked the post? Subscribe to my blog by typing in your email below. You'll get my posts in your inbox via email.
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner


0 comments: