Monday, November 14, 2011

Little Italy in Kota Kinabalu - 'THE' Italian Food Place in KK

Photo from a famous blogger based in Kota Kinabalu, Sabahbah.com
Coming from day full of shopping in Kota Kinabalu, we returned to our hotel to freshen up. We decided to go to the corner of the block where our hotel was. There, a highly recommended Italian restaurant stands -- Little Italy.


Located across Wisma Merdeka at the corner of Jalan Tun Razak / Jalan Pantai corner Jalan Tun Fuad Stephen, you'll see a brightly lit sign at night sporting the famous Italian colors - Green, red and white! We went there early to avoid the crowd because this was a highly recommended place based on reviews and blogs. Our timing was great as we get to seat in a nice spot. The ambiance was really nice inside, amber brick walls mixed with tiles and some slightly dimmed street lamp and nicely themed painting and murals here and there! There's also an Al Fresco area if you are a smoker.

They offer free Wi-Fi. Utensils were clean and service was fast. There was one downside though. Plain iced water is charged by the glass! It costs around RM 0.60 per glass! That's equivalent to 8 pesos per glass! That kind of charging won't last long here in Manila because of all the criticisms it will receive.

Since there were only 5 of us and we just had snack at the last mall we went to, we just ordered 3 pastas, 1 large pizza and some bread sticks. I wasn't able to take a photo of the bread sticks but it costs around RM 6.00 (Php 84.00) and it went well with the pastas.

Penne Pesto | RM 22.90 ~ Php 320.00
Just exactly how I like my pesto pasta. Not too saucy and dry yet very creamy. Taste was just right. When I took my first bite, I already know why this place is famous. Pasta also went well with my favorite hot sauce, Tabasco.

Spaghetti Bolognese | RM 21.90 ~ Php 306.00
Not the Bolognese that I expected yet, it turned out very well. If I like my pesto not too saucy, it doesn't go the same with other pastas like the Bolognese. This has has ample meat/ sauce to noodle ratio that makes sure every bite is right.

Carbonara Pappardelle | RM 22.90 ~ Php 320.00
Very creamy and the bacon toppings were still crispy even though it was soaked in sauce. All the pastas that we ordered were very good. I just hope I had more chance to eat there so I could try out the other pastas. I'm a self confessed pasta lova'!

Ai Quattro Pizza (Large 12") | RM 26.00 ~ Php 364.00
When we go to a new pizza place, we never fail to order the 4-cheese pizza. We were glad we didn't deviate from our usual order that night. This is hands down, the best 4-cheese pizza I have ever tried so far! It's 10 times better than that of Amici's Quattro Formagi. Please, don't leave that place without ordering this pizza. The amount of blue cheese was amazing, it left an intense tingling feeling even after swallowing the pizza! (As I am now back in Manila, this made me crave for Amici's Quattro Formagi!)

They have a lot of other dishes but due to the limited space available in our tummies, we had to sadly forego the trial of other dishes.

Here's Little Italy's menu (Sorry if it's quite blurry):




Our total bill for that night is.... ( Take note of the plain water charge in the bill :/ )
Our bill: RM 120.50 ~ Php 1,687.00
The next time I'm going back to Kota Kinabalu, I'll make sure I eat here twice or even thrice! Can you believe that their 4-cheese pizza (Ai Quattro) is one of the reasons I want to visit Kota Kinabalu again?? Yes, I loved their pizza so much and I am now in search of the Metro Manila counterpart of their 4-cheese pizza!

Little Italy Pizza and Pasta Corner
Ground Floor, Hotel Capital,
#23 Jalan Haji Saman 88813
Kota Kinabalu Sabah
PHONE/FAX: (6088) 232231
Website: http://www.littleitaly-kk.com/

All about Kota Kinabalu:
Shangri-La Rasa Ria Nature Reserve
Proboscis Monkey and Firefly tour
Island Hopping: Manukan Island and Mamutik Island
Little Italy Restaurant - Kota Kinabalu
Kota Kinabalu Shopping Malls and Market
Kinabalu Park and Wild Boar Experience
Poring Hot Springs
Best Western Kinabalu Daya Hotel
Pekan Nabalu Lookout Point

Cheftonio
PS. Liked the post? Subscribe to my blog by typing in your email below. You'll get my posts in your inbox via email.
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner



-->

1 comments:

Lohan said...

Italian Foods are really tasty. Didn't there are some at Malaysia.