Sunday, September 22, 2013

Meralco Payment the Traditional Way

Ever since we got married, bills have been one of our main responsibilities. What is actually good about today's time is the convenience of internet payment as we never had to queue up in payment centers or banks to pay our utilities but after missing a payment of electric bill, we had to experience paying bills the traditional way - through Meralco Business Center.

I remembered calling up the Meralco hotline 16211 a few days ago and here are a few things that I have learned in my conversation with an agent:
1. Online payment of electric bills can only be done before due date.
2. Exact payment should be made when paying bills
3. After due date, you can only pay bills via bayad centers and banks (within a week)
4. For bills way past due date (more than a week or two), you can only pay them via Meralco Business Centers

Because we fell on the last category (we found our missing bill 3 weeks after the due date) we were requested to head to the Meralco Business Center to settle our outstanding balance. I was told that I could pay during weekdays (Monday thru Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm) or Satuday (8:00 am to 12:00nn). 

There was not much people when we arrived there Saturday morning. What I liked about their business center during weekends is that there is no other transactions accepted but payment of bills so each one who enters heads to the payment counter to queue up compared to weekdays where you have to get numbers and wait to be called to proceed with various transactions. 

We didn't wait long until it was our turn. A good 20-30 minutes perhaps? It was during this time that I realized how blessed we are that we live in a modern world where we could make use of the internet to pay our bills - saving our precious time and effort. This made me aware that I can have more time to spend with other more important things like family, friends,or do business. 

I must admit that I am still struggling in terms of managing my time well but this experience actually made me wake up and think of ways to utilize the precious time God has given me. Don't forget to go to church, it's a good way to start your week! Have a blessed Sunday everyone!

LaNnA
PS. Liked the post? Subscribe to my blog by typing in your email below. You'll get my posts in your inbox via email.
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner



-->

0 comments: