Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Moleskin Now Digitizes Your Handwritten Notes!

Finally! Something to scribble on that turns digital! Moleskin, creator of those super nice and smooth notebooks has come up with a notebook and pen, that turns your written notes to digital notes! Called the "Livescribe smartpen", it pairs up with an app called "Livescribe+ app". Each page of the notebook contains a dot pattern that makes handwritten notes appear in digital form with great speed and accuracy.

The Pen+ connects with your iPhone via Bluetooth and your notes and creations will be stored in the Moleskin Notes App. This will also soon be available to Android users via the "Neo Notes App". If in case your phone runs out of battery, don't worry! The pen itself can store up to 1,000 pages in its memory!


This "smart writing set" is available online and in stores for $199 and replacement notebooks can be purchased for $29.95. I'm guessing it would cost around 12,000~14,000 pesos here in the Philippines when it becomes available. Also, the notebook aka "Paper Tablet" as they call it features a specially textured paper that the pen can recognize. This means that you won't be able to use your regular Moleskin notebook.

I'm more of a manual note-taking person than a digital note taker. This is good news for me and others like me. Even though there were already some digital note taking pens before, I think this is better and more accurate.

Check out the video below:

I'll probably purchase one if I come across one when I go abroad soon. I'll do an in-depth review after getting one.

Cheftonio
PS. Liked the post? Subscribe to my blog by typing in your email below. You'll get my posts in your inbox via email.
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner

-->

0 comments: