Is your car high enough?

Can you make it through the rain and flood?

Barcelona, Spain

Follow me as I bring you around the city where Sagrada Familia is located

Make the most out of your visit at the happiest place on Earth

Expert tips and tricks when visiting Hong Kong Disneyland

To cruise or not to cruise?

7 advantages of taking a cruise vs doing a land tour.

Sharks in the Philippines

7 of the 10 most dangerous sharks in the world are possibly in the Philipines? See the list and map.

Friday, December 7, 2007

The Winner? Lucio Tan!

Reuters

Philippine airlines and tobacco tycoon Lucio Tan scored a major victory against the government on Friday when the Supreme Court upheld an earlier court decision rejecting the state's attempt to seize some of his companies.

"There can be no question that petitioner's (the government) orders of sequestration are void and have no legal effect," the Supreme Court wrote in its judgement.

The government has been trying for over 20 years to punish Tan, who owns Philippine Airlines, Philippine National Bank and several hotels and property firms, for his alleged lucrative links to late dictator Ferdinand Marcos.

The Presidential Commission on Good Government, the state agency in charge of retrieving the ill-gotten wealth of Marcos and his cronies, declined to comment on the ruling. A spokesman said it had not yet seen the court decision.

Yehey News

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

First step, Erap's Luxury Vehicles


Sandiganbayan Sheriff Ed Urieta said Tuesday that he will start the forfeiture of former president Joseph Estrada's properties by confiscating his luxury cars.

"We are being careful. Fox example real property, we do not [confiscate it immediately]. That is our last [option]," Urieta told ABS-CBN's morning show, "Umagang Kay Ganda."

Urieta said they will only move for the confiscation of Estrada's estates only if the value of the luxury cars will fall short of the required amount ordered for forfeiture by the Sandiganbayan justices.

He said that included in the assets being eyed by the Sandiganbayan is Estrada's resthouse in Tanay, Rizal, which served as the former president's jail while detained during the plunder trial.

The anti-graft court's sheriff said he had ordered his men to coordinate with the Land Transportation Office to verify Estrada's luxury vehicles.



Philippine Politics

Manila Philippines news

Friday, October 26, 2007

Erap - From Artist, President, JailBird and now, Free!


Press Secretary and acting Executive Secretary Ignacio Bunye announced Thursday that President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo has issued an executive clemency for former president Joseph Estrada.

Estrada was convicted last month by the anti-graft court Sandiganbayan for plunder charges. Estrada was sentenced to life imprisonment.

Early this week, Estrada, through his lawyers, asked for pardon from President Arroyo.

From bit-part roles, Estrada eventually made his mark playing Robin Hood-type characters
who battled greedy landowners, vicious gangsters, corrupt policemen or crooked politicians.

In 1969, Estrada first translated his celluloid fame into political power when he was elected mayor of his home town of San Juan in the Manila suburbs.

From there, he rose to senator, then vice president and finally, in 1998, he was elected president, running on the slogan "Erap for the Poor."

His victory, the largest majority vote in Philippine presidential history, came despite the opposition of veteran political leaders, the educated classes and the dominant Roman Catholic Church.

Estrada never hid his vices, openly keeping several mistresses despite being married to Luisa, a doctor, for more than 40 years.

His self-deprecating humour endeared him to the masses, who identified closely with Estrada's foibles. In campaign rallies, he joked that "of the many women I have loved, I only married one."

Source

Philippine Political News

Friday, September 14, 2007

We are not 3rd world anymore. we are already 4th...

Makati City police chief Superintendent Gilbert Cruz said Thursday that Metro Manila’s perennial traffic problems can still be solved by constructing multi-layered flyovers and Metro Rail Transit (MRT) stations – patterned after those in Bangkok, Thailand – on various thoroughfares in the metropolis.

“I think the government officials in our country, like Makati Mayor Jejomar Binay, can explore this for the sake of solving the (worsening) traffic situation in Metro Manila,” said Cruz, who attended a six-day training program organized by the Federal Bureau of Investigation in Bangkok along with eight other police officers.

Cruz said that from the Bangkok International Airport to the Bangkok city proper, they experienced no traffic due to the three or four-layered flyovers for vehicles in Thailand.

-------------------------

I have been to Thailand 10 years ago. It was worse back then compared to Manila. If we were third world back then, they are 4th. Guess what? Right now, if you visit bangkok, its way different now. Multi-layered bridges, organized transportation, booming businesses and etc. What gives?

First, they declared bankruptcy back then. I didnt exactly know when but, after that, Thailand grew.

I am not saying Philippines should declare bankruptcy but, we, citizens, should be more disciplined If we go to Singapore, we dont spit anywhere. If we go to the US, or just in subic, we follow the alternate intersection crossing. why cant we do it in Manila then?

Philippine Political News - Updated

Are you a genius?
Find out if you can answer these Q's

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Metro Manila on full alert: 911 and Erap verdict.

The police in Metro Manila went on full alert 8 a.m. Tuesday, the anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attack in the United States. The heightened security also comes a day before the promulgation on Sept. 12 of the Sandiganbayan verdict on the plunder case against former President Joseph Estrada.

On orders of Metro Manila police commander Dep. Dir. Gen. Reynaldo Varilla, police in all five districts were placed under full alert and instructed to keep watch over possible terrorist "targets."

In Malacañang, dzBB radio reported that police have set up container vans, barbed-wire fences, a 6-x-6 truck and makeshift tents to "secure" the Palace for Wednesday's event.

The Presidential Security Group had recommended that President Arroyo stay in the Palace the whole day Wednesday.

Full Story

Votester - Philippine Political News - updated

download now because it is still free! comes with a cool new simple, PS bank theme Yehey TOL! talk on line now.

Friday, August 31, 2007

Interesting website you can visit

Philippine Tourist Destinations

Scandals and videos for free

Philippine breaking news and other headlines

Finance News

For other interesting site suggestions, just place your comment.

most of these website are Filipino made.

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Violence may erupt if Erap is convicted or vice versa.

Convicted?

Former Philippine president, Joseph Ejercito "Erap" Estrada's fans and supporters might plan a widespread rioting or looting according to Maj. Gen. Ben Mohammad Dolorfino, chief of the AFP National Capital Region Command, said the military is preparing for a situation similar to the May 1, 2001, siege of the presidential palace by Estrada supporters.

Acquitted?

Also, "[An acquittal] will also cause mass action, although it will vary in magnitude. If [Estrada] is found guilty, it is expected that the mass action will be bigger," he said.

So, whatever side you are on, Pro, Anti or Neutral, AFP is making sure that peace and order will prevail. but we can't help but think that, of course, PNP/AFP will be on the government side. unless, there will be a coup plot against the administration, again...

Article about: AFP bracing for ‘worst-case’ scenario if Erap is convicted from GMA news website.

If you are finding other political news, hot and fresh, just go to Votester

Sign-up now because it is still free! and it will remain free! Yehey Messenger, the newest and the only IM messenger in the Philippines

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Philippines on red alert status

The Philippine National Police on Tuesday placed all units in six regions in Mindanao on full alert because of ongoing operations in Sulu and Basilan.

Police have likewise been placed units on heightened alert in the rest of Luzon and the Visayas for the same reasons.

The country’s police force was also placed on alert in the National Capital Region because of the ongoing 39th ASEAN Economic Ministers' summit in Makati City.

The PNP earlier said its forces nationwide were on red alert amid intensified fighting between the military and al Qaeda-linked Abu Sayyaf extremists in Mindanao.

Chief Superintendent Samuel Pagdilao Jr., PNP spokesman, said the country's police force was placed on alert after the New People's Army declared that it is renewing offensives against the government.

The full alert status was declared after President Arroyo's meeting with the security cluster of her Cabinet in Malacañang.

During the meeting, Mrs. Arroyo ordered the police and the military to work with local government units in strengthening the government's campaign against terrorism.

PNP on nationwide alert

==== DOwnload the latest yehey Messenger!


Are you sure the red alert status concerns the bombing? No hidden agendas? because i was thinking, there might be something else other than the protection and police visibility in the metro.

Almost all officials/politicians are power hungry. or just hungry for anything? power...gold...attention... name it...

although not all. most of them i believe are like that.

This Red Alert status will give them the chance to use and abuse powers. Some of us know our rights, but, not all. thats where the abuse parts goes in. they will intimidate you and if you get scared firsts even without doing anything wrong, they can extort money from you, or frame you up -> worst case scenario


anyway, for Philippine Political news, go to Votester.com.ph because there, its all about politics, whats happening in the Philippines, especially in NCR.

Also, give me this chance to promote DJ Ferry Corsten. vote for him! He is currently top 6 over a hundred others. He is a Filipino by heart, has a Filipina wife, and loves the Philippines. so, Filipinos! let us unite! lets vote for him at DJMAG and just enter your email address. no need to register! vote now!

Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Bedol - guilty!

The Comelec had charged Bedol for his repeated failure to attend the hearings called by the Commission and his refusal to submit written explanations of his absences, his unlawful possession of accountable election documents, his outright disrespect for the authority of the Comelec and his boast of possessing an armory.

In the same resolution, the Comelec also found Bedol to have committed serious violations to Section 2 of Rule 29 of the Comelec Rules of Procedures for misbehavior in the performance of official duties and transactions; disobedience to or resistance to a lawful order; abuse of or unlawful interference with the proceedings of the Commission; failure to obey a subpoena duly served and exhibiting improper conduct ending, directly or indirectly, to impede, obstruct, or degrade the administration of justice by the Commission.

The Comelec likewise ordered its legal department to investigate and determine whether or not any election offense or crime under the Revised Penal Code has been committed by Bedol and if so to initiate the filing of the necessary charges.

The offense is bailable. I still have to read the decision on its entirety and file a motion for reconsideration either at the Commission or at the Supreme Court,” Tagum added.

Opposition lawyer, Leila de Lima, for her part, said that Bedol could still file a motion for reconsideration before the Commission.

She stressed though that if the motion for reconsideration is denied, Bedol should immediately go to jail, unless he gets a temporary restraining order [TRO] from the court.

Complete Story here

The Philippines! See it! Hear it! Experience it!