Monday, September 5, 2011

C' Italian Dining in Angeles Pampanga

It was a long weekend and it's the only time we have free time to travel far. Me and my fiance went to Angeles Pampanga to check out some of the furniture makers there. We weren't afraid to get lost because we were using the car's GPS. It was accurate enough to lead us to the furniture shop and to C Italian Dining restaurant located along Don Juico Avenue near SM Clark. I've been hearing a lot of buzz about it and finally, we can now try it out.

The interior made me feel like I was in a cave -- cool and cozy. They were playing relaxing music too but there were times that the other tables were just too noisy. If you are visiting with your parents or someone who doesn't like metal chairs, better make a reservation and inform them that you don't like metal chairs because some of the chairs there are made of metal (without cushion as seen in the photo above) which will be uncomfortably cold for some people.

By the front door, you'll see a collection of plates with autographs and a little dedication for the restaurant. I saw familiar names of my friends from different media agencies. I think there are 4 sections in this restaurant. An outdoor dining area, 2 cave like dining areas (right side and the other by the entrance) and a room that feels like a wine cellar (Left side near the cashier). All the rooms looked great and it was cool enough even on a hot humid day.

Surroundings was clean and utensils were spotless. Serving time here is long so don't eat here if you are in a hurry. If you're looking for a place to relax, this is the right place to go to. We were lucky that we had a space even though we didn't make any reservations. I guess if you're there to eat around 1~130pm, you can expect to get tables without reservations. I think this applies to weekends and holidays. On ordinary days, just drop by.

Bread w/ pesto and cheese in olive oil | FOC 
We were given a plate of bread with pesto and cheese in olive oil. A good way to start a meal so you wouldn't be very hungry as the orders took so long before it arrived.

Pumpkin Soup
Tomato Soup
Their soup is a must order! Both the tomato and pumpkin soup was very tasty and creamy. After the bread and the soup, we were already partly full! If you order the soup, you can ask them to divide it to two. The soup serving seen above is already divided into two. Not sure about the price as I have already lost my receipt but I think one order is around 250 pesos.

C's Famous Panizza | Rolls Royce Panizza
Why would you dine in C' and not order a Panizza? Rolls Royce Panizza is a seafood lover's choice because it has salami, scallops, shrimps, Pecorino, sun-dried tomatoes, and chili flakes. This is the first time ever I have tried Panizza. I loved it! Now, I'm excited to try Yellow Cab's Dear Darla and Uncle Cheff's Panizza. I hope it would be as good so I wouldn't have to travel all the way to Angeles Pampanga just to satisy my Panizza craving. One order costs around 850~900 pesos. It's good for 3 persons. 4~5 if you have a lot of other orders.

How to eat a Panizza:
Panizza is served flat and thin, sliced diagonally. Place some fresh arugula and alfalfa sprouts on top of it and roll it like a carpet. Finished product below.

Penne Roberto
Penne Roberto has chicken fillet, Gorgonzola cheese, cream and assorted herbs, plus roasted garlic and sun-dried tomatoes. Being under the cream based selection, it was not as creamy as I expected. The sauce was watery as seen in the photo. The taste was just okay and I find the Gorgonzola taste lacking. I was expecting this dish to be better. If I'm not mistaken, one order is around 450 pesos. Being a bestseller, it could be further improved.

Risotto (?)
This dish we weren't able to finish. It was too salty for us. After trying this, we suddenly miss UCC's Risotto which is better. I think this costs around 450 pesos also. I will research on the name of this dish and try to update this post.

Home Brewed Iced Tea
I love Iced Teas! If there was just Iced Tea Connoisseurs, I can be one of them! I drink Iced Teas like there's no tomorrow -- 6 to 7 glasses per meal. I don't drink Nestea / Lipton type of Iced Teas. I like home brewed ones. C' Home Brewed Iced Tea made my ulcer hurt. The calamnsi taste was too strong! I would have ordered for Calamnsi juice if I wanted Calamansi juice.

Conclusion
The tomato and pumpkin soup was great. The Panniza was also great and those 3 are the must orders out of the 5 items we got on our first visit. If I would be in Angeles again, I would go to C' for the soup and Panizza only.


C' Italian DiningPampanga

1210 Don Juico Ave. Clarkview, Balibago
Angeles City, Pampanga
Philippines
(045) 892-4059

[Photos taken using a Nokia N8]
Cheftonio
PS. Liked the post? Subscribe to my blog by typing in your email below. You'll get my posts in your inbox via email.
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner


1 comments:

The Average Jane said...

Same here! I shudder at the though of those Lipton and Nestea powered mixes. Brrr....