Sunday, July 15, 2012

Lucerne, Switzerland: Where every place is like a post card

We arrived around dinner time and had a chance to grab a bite while watching a traditional Swiss show at the Stadtkeller Restaurant. Our appetizer was cheese fondue with locally made bread. My wife had soup and it was one of the best, according to her! Salad was normally not a problem with us but this time, it had this bitter taste. The main dish was veal with potatoes and dessert was strawberry ice cream with the Swiss cross symbol as a design.

While having all that heavy food, there were performers entertaining the diners. There were singing, yodeling, dancing and lots of other Swiss related performance. I will try to uplad a video of it when I get back. This is an optional tour (we must pay to join because it is not included in the tour.) and I definitely recommend this!

After dinner, we decided to stroll around town. It was very peaceful and quiet. The shops were mostly closed but the sights remained amazing. Even better actually. The next morning, we cruised around the lake before going up Mt. Stanserhorn.

They have a famous watch shop here. It's like a mall of watches. They have low end to high end watches and the most expensive we saw was around 100,000 euros (5.5m pesos)! They also sell Swiss army knives and those Swiss kitchen knives.

The next time I return to Europe, Switzerland is a place I want to go back to.


Below are other articles that we have on Europe:

2 comments:

Danny said...

Europe is like the dream place I want to tour with. Switzerland one of the interesting places I want to visit when I'm on Europe because of their beautiful scenic view which feels like home.

Apple said...

Nice photos. Sana makapunta rin ako sa Europe!