|Took photo of this nice painting in Paris|
Another blog my wife made. So proud of her! I hope these tips help you prepare for your upcoming shopping trip to Europe.
Europe is indeed a shopping paradise for most people - especially for those who love designer goods. Paris has always been packed with many tourists and shoppers from all parts of the world. Their famous shopping districts are in Avenue de Champs Élysées, Galleries Lafayette, Avenue Montaigne, and Rue de Saint Honore.
1) Research on what specific item you would want to purchase. This saves time because there are always long queues on designer brand stores as early as 9am! Let them know that you speak in English too as there are usually shorter queues for you. You wouldn't believe how long the line is if you want to speak to a chinese store assistant. A lot of people from China buys branded goods there.
3) You don't go to Paris for nothing so make sure that you designer goods are "made in France" or "made in Paris" or made in whatever country in Europe written on it! (e.g. Longchamp - France, Gucci - Italy, Louis Vuitton - France) Because like Longchamp, some are made in China.
4) Minimum purchase is at least 190 EUR single receipt to qualify for tax refund. So make sure that you are sure you've already gone through the entire store/boutique before paying as tax refund is 12% (and it's quite big).
5) If you think that you're purchases in 1 store will not reach a total of 190 EUR and you are flying out via Paris, you can still buy some of your leather goods at the airport and they are already net of taxes! You may not have as many choices but, you wouldn't be bothered on filling up tax refund forms and other stuffs!
7) Always be alert and keep your money in a secure place as there are lots of people in everywhere, you wouldn't want to lose your shopping money, don't you?
Bottom line on tax refund. It is better to opt for cash. For the credit card refund, the credit reflected 3 months after we have made the purchase (and it was converted to peso) and we still haven't got the refund for our biggest purchase yet. Cash is always instant. Opt for cash.
Hope these tips help. If you want to share your Europe shopping tips, please leave them by the comment section below and we will include it here in the blog, crediting you for it.
Also ,Will still be blogging about places we visited in Europe when we have more time. Stay tuned!
PS. Liked the post? Subscribe to my blog by typing in your email below. You'll get my posts in your inbox via email.